The STAR WARS Thread

slinch

I still think The Phantom Menace is much worse than Attack of the Clones - mainly because, as the Machete Order suggests, Episode I really doesn't need to be seen to understand the saga. I also don't have a problem with the Anakin-Padme romance; Anakin is the future Darth Vader so it makes sense that he's an awkward creep around his crush. I'm not defending everything about the prequels (they're obviously inferior to the originals, except maybe III) but a lot of the silly stuff can be explained.

Quality-wise, I'd rank them: V, IV, VII, VI, III, II, I (my favorites list is quite different though)

careful with spoilers--apparently people are posting spoilers everywhere they can on social media, even popular completely unrelated posts.

cut off social media, we're so close!

Definitely stay away from social media and any comment sections. I've already seen many assholes post every major twist on unrelated topics.

Definitely stay away from social media and any comment sections. I've already seen many assholes post every major twist on unrelated topics.

Same here. I was in a football forum on another board and in the middle of a random topic about Super Bowl history this ass munch posted tons of spoilers in one sentence. Completely random. I hope someone slaps him silly and poops in his mouth.

4 hours for me... i'm losing my mind at work. only have 45 minutes left until I get off then another 45 minutes until i'm home. trying to make it to the theater by 5 which is two hours before it starts. my wife is letting me go alone... we weren't sure how she'd be feeling at 36 weeks pregnant so I only bought 1 ticket when they went up and it sold out shortly after.

Been from the UK i've been fortunate to see it already and being a big Star Wars fan (like many of us) it really does the hype some justice. But all i'd say is there's a few points in the film that could be ruined by spoilers and since i've seen it, i've seen posts in bizarre places deliberately trying to ruin it for fans. So like people have said, avoid as much of the internet as you can. Hope you all love it as much as i did!

Fuck you, JJ Abrams. It was better than the prequels but otherwise a mess of action scenes. I think the longest conversation was about 30 seconds long. I was too young to be bummed by the Phantom Menace but now I kind of know what people felt walking out of it for the first time.

Fuck you, JJ Abrams. It was better than the prequels but otherwise a mess of action scenes. I think the longest conversation was about 30 seconds long. I was too young to be bummed by the Phantom Menace but now I kind of know what people felt walking out of it for the first time.

I feel like we watched different movies.......

Went to a 10:30pm showing last night. It was very awesome and made me feel like a kid all over again. As soon as the Star Wars title and story scroll came on the screen the entire theater erupted in cheering and applauding. And again when each of the classic characters came on screen. So much fun to watch.