"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

I paid 150 I got a deal from them... Lol

It's nice to see they held some back when they posted the initial $150 copies in hopes they'd be able to squeeze out even higher profit margins later..!

I can tolerate a lot of flipping and shady practices, but shops that say something they're supposed to carry is "sold out" but who are actually holding back copies to sell at "collector" prices are the worst. I'd have rather they just listed these at ridiculous markups on their site to begin with.

Screw these guys.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that your preorder for the AVNR 9719 - VA/ Vinyl Films Records Box Set Ltd. #d 6 Clear Vinyl 10" Rec./ Poster has being canceled due to product unavailability. We have just been informed by our supplier that we will receive very few copies of this title and we will be receiving no additional copies. We are truly sorry for this situation, and we know that this is unwelcome news for the many collectors that have preordered with us.

As always, thanks for choosing Acoustic Sounds, we sincerely regret that we were unable to provide you with this product.

Thanks,

Acoustic Sounds Customer Service

Just got that same cancellation email from Acoustic Sounds. Fuck.

Same here. This was the only order I had in so I guess I won't be getting this.

As for SSD, I'm done supporting them. Individual flippers are an annoying but unavoidable part of The Hobby, but when shops start flipping new releases at more then 3 times retail, I feel that a boycott is called for.

so this is overall very interesting.  Im sure when they planned this release (10 years ago?!) there was no idea this would be in such demand.  Ergo, the /500 availability.  They clearly would have had demand to match the RHP box and could have pressed more than that I suspect.

I wonder if they are considering a second pressing or if there is no option for that, given rights and licenses and all.  At first I was actually pretty upset with VF for creating this thing which would have astronomically high demand and then limiting it as much as you possibly could.  Now I think its just circumstance and dont blame them.

Also Im looking for this and will pay "Soundstage Direct" prices (that will likely enter the lexicon). ;)

Wonder how many Think Indie had shipped to Sound Stage Direct. They sold one yesterday for $149.99. Today 3 @ $169.99. Maybe more tomorrow?

It's great to know the record store you shop at is flipping vinyl on the side for 3x's the retail cost. :/ And they tell us to suport your local record store while they are doing this. Sometimes it is best to let the band / artist / company sell the product (1 per customer) directly through their official website first! Then whatever is left in stock, sell those copies to record stores.

i think this is part of the implied agreement though.  Not everything put out by Think Indie (or whoever) will be in demand, so many of these distro/store types have extra copies of things they cant sell.  When it comes to something in demand, I suspect they have some leeway to "explore the market", especially if said store has been a good supporter of the wholesaler in the past.  I mean its a dick move from where we sit, but its not like record stores are raking it in overall.

Some dipstick on the Pearl Jam boards got one and here is what he had to say:

"Looks like an awesome set, I'm debating opening it to spin or not"

This is why I hate people.

Used to bother me but I know so many people don't open their records on here. Pretty much anyone who uses the word hobby or collection are more then likely to keep something valuable sealed as a trophy or for a future flip. Oh well though if you own it do with it as you please.