"Vinyl Films" Release Thread

it is disappointing to see SSD flip the records but like someone else pointed out above, these store's don't exactly make a ton of money. Truthfully, had i not been able to get a copy at my local store i would have paid the $150. Its high, but not insane. I was expecting flippers to be asking closer to $500 honestly. I mean look at the Cat Stevens release from vinyl films, you'll pay $300 minimum and thats just ONE record! 

The record industry is rising but its still a niche market. Lets not be so quick to throw out judgement on one small mistake. 

it is disappointing to see SSD flip the records but like someone else pointed out above, these store's don't exactly make a ton of money. Truthfully, had i not been able to get a copy at my local store i would have paid the $150. Its high, but not insane. I was expecting flippers to be asking closer to $500 honestly. I mean look at the Cat Stevens release from vinyl films, you'll pay $300 minimum and thats just ONE record! 

The record industry is rising but its still a niche market. Lets not be so quick to throw out judgement on one small mistake. 

tumblr_m1vp41Eren1r5cenyo1_500.jpg

i think the biggest qualm with this was that it was sold at the same time that other vendors were selling it for the appropriate price. us not acting on this allows them to get away with this sort of behavior. we will constantly be limiting our limited releases if you stand by and let HUGE online retailers do this -- i can assure you, these guys are making money. sure it's just one mistake, but now is the time to stop it, not later.

also, that Cat Stevens came out 8 years ago and is not comparable.