Out now: Sigur Ros - ( ) CLEAR vinyl limited to 4000

My local here in Toronto came through with a clear: $41.99! Sheesh, that's a far cry from the price on the Sigur Ros store... Not sure if I can afford that...

What store? I see them on the shelves as Sonic Boom for $44.99. Considering the official store was shelling them out for $33.50, a $9 mark up isn't that bad for the store given it would cost close to $50 to get it shipped. 

Is there any pattern with what pressings are poor? High numbers?

What store? I see them on the shelves as Sonic Boom for $44.99. Considering the official store was shelling them out for $33.50, a $9 mark up isn't that bad for the store given it would cost close to $50 to get it shipped.

Is there any pattern with what pressings are poor? High numbers?

I paid $24.50 USD for mine. I know the conversion is tough on you guys, but is it really $50 there?

I paid $24.50 USD for mine. I know the conversion is tough on you guys, but is it really $50 there?

Yeap! In store with tax is will run you close to $50 CAD (indie store had it at $44.99 and someone else mentioned $41.99)... 

From the Sigur Ros store (https://sigur-ros-store.com/untitled/sig050041-sigur-ros-2x12-vinyl/) it was ~$34 plus $20 in shipping. 

Welcome to Canadian record collecting! ;)

You now know why you may see some salty Canadian record collectors make snarky comments towards US collectors complaining about shipping costs...

Yeah, Americans suck. We love complaining. Especially about shit that doesn't matter.

I'll send an e-mail and see what's up.

UPDATE: Bullmoose just offered me a refund rather than a replacement. Sticking with my copy.

Anyone else bother trying to contact BM about this? I don't really want to just return my copy and not have it at all to just end up buying another one from somewhere which is also messed up.

You're right. It really isn't. But it's still expensive for a double. If the dollar was $0.85-$0.95 I'd feel a lot better.

Im pretty sure it was Play de Record that had this for $41.99.

I received my order from Sigur Rós online store, both – Takk & ( ) – arrived safe and sound. But my copy of ( ) has those issues. I recorded some clips (from the output of my stereo to Mac/Audacity). You can check those here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3kngr4csog9xr89/AACZcHsmWF2p6XKuzMb5ksFna?dl=0

There is a small amount of noise on side A, but very bad on sides C and D.

I just wrote them back asking how to proceed.

I received my order from Sigur Rós online store, both – Takk & ( ) – arrived safe and sound. But my copy of ( ) has those issues. I recorded some clips (from the output of my stereo to Mac/Audacity). You can check those here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3kngr4csog9xr89/AACZcHsmWF2p6XKuzMb5ksFna?dl=0

Thank for you posting. Definitely sounds rough. Hope you are able to get a replacement.

Thank for you posting. Definitely sounds rough. Hope you are able to get a replacement.

Just got a a reply:

"Hello, Jsusi.

We'll forward this along to the label, and they'll replace your copy.  Thanks so much for your patience.

Regards,

Dave

Customer Service

Sigur Rós Online Store"

Thanks for posting those clips.  I have the slightest bit of noise on those sides, but nothing as noticeable as this.  I'm pretty okay with my copy as it stands.