Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Yeah, all the waiting....for this

Exactly.

I think its cool that Newbury is doing these releases, but the only one I was interested in was the Pearl Jam Ten reissue, which was limited to FIVE!  Needless to say I missed out on it both on Newbury and at the Ten Club.  One of these times Newbury will do something like Pearl Jam again.

This was the first time it is 1 per person right?

I didn't pay close attention to evey last exclusive but I'm petty sure the most limited one previously was 3 per customer. Even the PJ release wasn't 1 per customer.

Makes the fact that it sold out in a day all the more impressive since it wasn't possible to purchase 4 or 5 at a time like I'm sure some people did with previous "limited exclusives."

I'm always on the fence with Newbury. As someone who doesn't have a lot of the represses they put out, it is hard for me to purchase there knowing the prices will be exponentially higher. That being said, I have bought a few of their releases, so I can't complain. I was excited to see that they were going to be doing something Nirvana related again. I guess I just expected another colored lp of a full album that would be readily available at most places for cheaper. The single looks good and the sleeve is pretty neat as well, but I just can't get into paying almost 20 for a single. I was really surprised at how quickly that sold out though. 

I didn't pay close attention to evey last exclusive but I'm petty sure the most limited one previously was 3 per customer. Even the PJ release wasn't 1 per customer.

Makes the fact that it sold out in a day all the more impressive since it wasn't possible to purchase 4 or 5 at a time like I'm sure some people did with previous "limited exclusives."

The recent Strokes and Bon Iver releases were both limited to 2 per person.

Considering that you can generally get a first pressing on blue marble for $30 i'm shocked these sold out so fast.

I'll admit, I don't even pay attention to 7", I have so many LP's that I would still like to own, I'd rather get full albums first as opposed to singles. I get those emails that Newbury sends and unless its something like, The Strokes - Room on Fire for ex, I don't even go to their page. This was the first time I was even aware they sold singles? I do find it amusing that people try to flip some of their records on ebay for astronomical prices, while some of these records are still for sale on the Newbury site.

people try to flip some of their records on ebay for astronomical prices, while some of these records are still for sale on the Newbury site.

Some bands are more popular than others....

but most of those sellers aren't trying...they are in fact selling Newburry stuff for big bucks (nirvana, Pearl Jam, Strokes, MCR....)

but most of those sellers aren't trying...they are in fact selling Newburry stuff for big bucks (nirvana, Pearl Jam, Strokes, MCR....)

I was speaking of the Outkast repress specifically. I saw they still had it available on the site a few weeks ago for their original price, immediately after seeing that I went over to ebay and saw someone with it up for either 60.00 or 70.00, I forgot which. I know the Hendrix "Axis…" was the same way. I don't have that album and saw they still had it over there, they still had quite a good number of copies left. Some guy still had it up for 70 on ebay. I completely understand those bands you were mentioning since those all sold out rather quickly.

I wanted either variant of Nirvana and sat around being frugal/indecisive for too long. I figured the Strokes would go quickly so I hopped on that opportunity.