Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

I'll admit, it's the only copy I can remember hearing. I think my friend might have spun the original press at my place once but I don't have a clear memory of it. It's quiet and nice sounding but it's like all the low end was sucked out of it, the bass is barely audible.

Bass is important on that album. I'll proceed with caution. I really don't want to pay $29.99 for the Newbury copy anyway. 

I'll admit, it's the only copy I can remember hearing. I think my friend might have spun the original press at my place once but I don't have a clear memory of it. It's quiet and nice sounding but it's like all the low end was sucked out of it, the bass is barely audible.

the 2012 rhino repress sounds great. and i agree that you need to be able to hear that groovy bass line on marquee moon. maybe fidelity loss from a 35+ year old vinyl?

I was wondering what happened to the rapid-fire pace of these presses. Magenta Marquee Moon looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure if I can justify it - I was a little underwhelmed with the low-end on my Music On Vinyl repress.

I don't think there was a Music On Vinyl pressing of this? Unless you mean the Rhino pressing that is widely available.

I found the magenta Marquee Moon in-store the other day and was able to grab it for 25% off - I'm really happy with it - it's super thick and heavy and the color is gorgeous, pictures really don't do it justice. It has some nice subtle swirl / marble texture that shows up when you hold it against some light. As far as the sound, I definitely noticed more low-end than on my Rhino Repress, but weirdly enough it seems like this press is also on Rhino, so no idea what that's about.

Here's a pic:

https://instagram.com/p/3otF1TR13a/

Violent Femmes S/T on green marble /1500, out 6/23. surprisingly it's "only" $23.99.

https://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=103&upc=103-2090108N

Violent-Femmes-Banner.jpg

also interesting is that it doesn't appear to have the bonus tracks ("Ugly" and "Gimme the Car"). personally I'm fine with this but YMMV.