Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

Their prices seem pretty random seeing as some of their other exclusives are double LPs and cheaper. I really think they're really milking the idiots out there on this one, though.

Not really random. you can't compare their exclusive price to other exclusives. Their prices are about $6-10 above the standard pressing of the same lp. The Lorde lp is about $30 msrp so its only $8 of the standard pressing.

I've only purchased one record from Newbury, and I wasn't impressed. MF DOOM - Operation Doomsday, limited 2LP red and purple.

The sound of the pressing is average and the color of the records is impressive. Everything else? CHEAP.

- The labels look shoddy and two of the four are slightly off center.

- The sleeve has a very light feel to it, and for being 2LP, it isn't double-gatefold.

- The inner sleeves are generic white sleeves, which normally I wouldn't mind, but for an "exclusive, limited edition" set, I expected a little more.

Unless I'm just thirsting for a record that I can't find anywhere else, I very much doubt I'll purchase anything from them again.

I've only purchased one record from Newbury, and I wasn't impressed. MF DOOM - Operation Doomsday, limited 2LP red and purple.

The sound of the pressing is average and the color of the records is impressive. Everything else? CHEAP.

- The labels look shoddy and two of the four are slightly off center.

- The sleeve has a very light feel to it, and for being 2LP, it isn't double-gatefold.

- The inner sleeves are generic white sleeves, which normally I wouldn't mind, but for an "exclusive, limited edition" set, I expected a little more.

Unless I'm just thirsting for a record that I can't find anywhere else, I very much doubt I'll purchase anything from them again.

Comments like these always make me wonder who's responsible for subpar pressings. It's a Newbury Comics exclusive, but did they press the record? Did they even listen to a test press to approve it? I would think that most non-label pressing still are managed by the labels who own the rights to the album and they have the record pressed. So wouldn't the poor sound quality be on the pressing plant or the label that had the masters made or even more likely just reused the masters from the last pressing? Or wouldn't cosmetic issues like off center labels be the fault of the pressing plant since they print the labels, place them on the press, and press the record? I'm guessing he extent of Newbury's involvement in the actual pressing of a record is picking the color the vinyl and sending the artwork for their NC exclusive labels to the pressing plant. 

I've never purchased anything through Newbury, but I had to grab the Bukowski since the og and 2012 repress aren't cheap and it looks interesting. I haven't really read any of his poetry. I've read 'Post Office' and I own 'Factotum', but haven't started it yet. The 'Born Into This' documentary is gold too!

I also grabbed that Germs on blue/black cause, duh!

I have a bunch of NC exclusives. I usually wait until NC has their 25% off sales to buy though. Some may sell out online, but they are still available in the local store usually. (Until they decide to randomly double the price).

Not to mention NC shipping sucks, both price and packaging.

All the LPs I have seem to be of nice quality, no complaints there.

Newbury literally lists the label of the pressing on each item on their website. They don't press any of the records themselves, they just exclusively distribute. That DOOM press is by DOOM's label, who does do some shoddy pressings sometimes.

I have received many Newbury exclusives with immaculate quality - like some of the nicest records that I've bought - but besides the color and distribution, Newbury themselves aren't involved

They've done it twice and I've won $100 each time. They send out an email or post on their social media saying when it starts and you have to use an app called scavify. They give you random tasks like take a picture in front of the bunker hill monument. They have you travel a good amount for some tasks. There were some where you had to take a picture with 20 other people wearing Newbury comics shirts. But they have other tasks where you have to be at a certain place at a given time so it's fairly easy to accomplish. It's pretty fun actually. Grandprize winner gets $500 but there's always someone who dedicates themselves to it.