Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

They shipped late, I'll be surprised if I get it by Tuesday next week.

I did open mine the other day - looks like the swirl ended up being much more subtle than Newbury's original mockup. they've even updated the picture on their site if you check. it's a solid pink with very subtle and slight white swirl - the picture they've got up there now is accurate.

looks great, haven't spun it yet though

I did open mine the other day - looks like the swirl ended up being much more subtle than Newbury's original mockup. they've even updated the picture on their site if you check. it's a solid pink with very subtle and slight white swirl - the picture they've got up there now is accurate.

looks great, haven't spun it yet though

I've seen a handful of them on Instagram - looks good even if it's almost entirely pink. Funny they updated the pic, I'll have to go take a look.

Of Montreal - Sunlandic Twins

2LP Red/Yellow Marble limited to 500 copies.

http://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/of_montreal-sunlandic_twins_exclusive_2_lp

Of-Montreal-The-Sunlandic-Twins-2LP-Viny

I would totally grab this if I didn't already have the yellow/blue variant. If they do a colored vinyl variant of Skeletal Lamping I'm 5000% in.

Surprised that a $40 record has multiple copies available when there are significantly cheaper copies with the same great 16 page booklet and gatefold? Why?

From what I've seen similiar non NC exclusive pressings of the deluxe edition of this album are about $30 average, which in itself seems a bit much over a standard press for $18 if you don't want all the extras.I haven't seen the deluxe for much cheaper than that. I'm not defending the high price, but I don't feel that it's SIGNIFICANTLY more.

From what I've seen similiar non NC exclusive pressings of the deluxe edition of this album are about $30 average, which in itself seems a bit much over a standard press for $18 if you don't want all the extras.I haven't seen the deluxe for much cheaper than that. I'm not defending the high price, but I don't feel that it's SIGNIFICANTLY more.

You can snag the original deluxe for about $26.

I also wrote this in another thread, anyone who has frequented Newbury Comics might agree with me.

Expect them to get worse with the cash grabbing. I grew up going to the stores. ( I have 3 in my general area and 2 in Boston which is about an hour away). The stores down in the burbs are about 90% novelty items and clothing now. It's sad because I know these stores shaped a generation, I found out about so many cool bands by blindly picking stuff up in the pre-internet days. Now when I go it seems that they are moving away from a go to place to pick up tunes to a cool place to buy fart machines and Fred Perry's.

So a store that has been selling music for about 35 years has been cash grabbing this whole time? Is that a "cash grab" or running a successful business? I don't know if you live in the area but they have actually almost supported a music community that whole time by giving smaller bands and labels a place to sell there releases. For every $40 repress they probably stock 500 reasonably priced records from bands that would'not have anywhere else to sell them.

So a store that has been selling music for about 35 years has been cash grabbing this whole time? Is that a "cash grab" or running a successful business? I don't know if you live in the area but they have actually almost supported a music community that whole time by giving smaller bands and labels a place to sell there releases. For every $40 repress they probably stock 500 reasonably priced records from bands that would'not have anywhere else to sell them.

Why are you defending them so dilligently? For the record, I've never purchased anything from Newbury, and highly doubt I ever will considering I'm across the country from them. I just don't understand why you're backing yourself up against a wall over this.

All I'm saying is the original notion to sell music was a cash grab. It's a fact, there no denying that - they changed their original business model to something entirely different that would make more money. The fact that their name (Newbury COMICS) has been a joke all these years is testament to that.

Did I say there's anything wrong with that? Did I say their 35 year existence has been a cash grab? No, I said neither of these things.

Like throughbeingcruel, I don't understand why you're so hostile in your defense of them.