Official Newbury Comics Reissue Thread

I just bought that Eliiott Smith and got raped on shipping. $36 for a single LP. FML.

Don't use the word rape or someone on here will get shitty as fuck about it. I had to defend myself for days over it, and I've actually been through the shit unlike the asshole who used his keyboard bullets.

I am getting a little defensive because that store has done a lot for the music community, if it didn't exist a lot of bands or venues would have gone down hill around here. If the store didn't exist I probably wouldn't be I to the music I am into, have the friends I have, seen the bands I have seen.

Also, your original statement is incorrect and it aggrovated me.

Don't use the word rape or someone on here will get shitty as fuck about it. I had to defend myself for days over it, and I've actually been through the shit unlike the asshole who used his keyboard bullets.

Or don't use the word because it's shitty and unnecessary.

That's typically true of any business.

You're right. I just don't see it as often because of where I am. This town supports the hell out of locals. My primary record store makes like 60% of a year's rent on RSD alone, so they don't struggle. The local skate shop had its investment paid off in two years or so, but the owner was working third shift at a bakery and morning shift somewhere else as well, while opening the shop from noon to 7 every day. He also came inches away from closing for the first couple years.

Counterpoint: if you use said word figuratively to refer to a minor annoyance like paying too much for shipping, it is you who is shitty, and it is you who is getting called out for being shitty.

Daddy - Let Me Get What I Want

2LP on dark pink opaque vinyl limited to 500

$34.99

The motivation behind Daddy, the newly formed band comprised of artists James Franco and Timothy OʼKeefe, is to push beyond the sonic space of music into the surrounding ecology. Daddy investigates the territories of film/video, installation, and performance while simultaneously exploring the connections that form between them.

Album includes a digital download and 16 page booklet, and ships with a postcard signed by James Franco and Tim O'Keefe.

http://www.newburycomics.com/collections/exclusive-vinyl/products/daddy-let_me_get_what_i_want_exclusive_2_lp?variant=15949922438

Daddy-Let-Me-Get-What-I-Want-2LP-Vinyl-2