ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

Was gonna weigh in on this but then, the lock happened.

So, I'm gonna make this concise, and I know I'm going against the grain here, but don't hate on Ross.

He's a solid guy. Is anyone perfect? No. Do I personally agree with how he's handled some situations? Of course not. But I am sure that everyone here has a few things behind them that may not show them in the most positive light if a bunch of strangers and old friends started discussing it on an open forum.

So maybe he did a few disagreeable things here and there. Give him a chance to move past it. This is a learning experience for everyone involved.

There are many musicians who are absolutely shitty people but we still run to listen to their music. If you choose not to support Ross or the records he puts out based on what you think of him as a person, fine, that's on you. Ross has never done anything malicious to me personally. In fact, I've found him to be one of the nicest people I've met who is involved with music in any capacity. Regardless of whatever I may think of him as a person, as long as he manages to put out good records, I will continue to buy them.

There are other labels out there who everyone is quick to support, who do far, far shadier things. Ross conducts things very publicly and so things tend to come to light. There are plenty of much more malicious things that we never hear about, and often we end up demonizing the wrong people.

Just my $0.02

Glad you could condense that down to seven paragraphs.

Thanks.

Also he doesn't put out any records, he puts out other labels records... again. Effortless label.  If anyone here has 5000 bucks, you can do the exact same thing this guy does (albeit better) 

I still remember some release he did, where he just blew up the cd art to 12" size, the back had some huge godawful looking UPC code on it. 

Also he doesn't put out any records, he puts out other labels records... again. Effortless label.  If anyone here has 5000 bucks, you can do the exact same thing this guy does (albeit better) 

I still remember some release he did, where he just blew up the cd art to 12" size, the back had some huge godawful looking UPC code on it. 

A lot of people put forth a ton of effort, sweat, debt, borrowed, begged and have done anything possible to put out releases the feel a kinship to. This guy has no heart, no work ethic, very little ethics at all. And there is no way anyone can feel a passion for effing Good Charlotte, Korn, Starting line, and whatever weird mainstream genreless crap is released. He's in it for the money, and on an independent level, that's a very bad place to be. He's been a jerk since before he put out his first release.  His response when I asked him why he doesn't just put his own stuff was "I tried that once and lost money". What?!  Money grubbing vulture that probably makes 80% of his profit from this board alone.  I don't know the guy, but based on what he post's here, and the releases he puts out, going behind bands backs, and the complete lack of anything even remotely resembling ethics of any kind whatsoever, I don't like him. At all. And as always, VC is either blind, or chooses to be blind because things come out on cool wacky colors, and it's dollar bin stuff you liked in high school or middle school. Seriously, these Korn albums you can find in the dollar bins at any record store on cd. Putting a cd on a 12" plastic slab does nothing except make it more inconvenient. 

A lot of people put forth a ton of effort, sweat, debt, borrowed, begged and have done anything possible to put out releases the feel a kinship to. This guy has no heart, no work ethic, very little ethics at all. And there is no way anyone can feel a passion for effing Good Charlotte, Korn, Starting line, and whatever weird mainstream genreless crap is released. He's in it for the money, and on an independent level, that's a very bad place to be. He's been a jerk since before he put out his first release. His response when I asked him why he doesn't just put his own stuff was "I tried that once and lost money". What?! Money grubbing vulture that probably makes 80% of his profit from this board alone. I don't know the guy, but based on what he post's here, and the releases he puts out, going behind bands backs, and the complete lack of anything even remotely resembling ethics of any kind whatsoever, I don't like him. At all. And as always, VC is either blind, or chooses to be blind because things come out on cool wacky colors, and it's dollar bin stuff you liked in high school or middle school. Seriously, these Korn albums you can find in the dollar bins at any record store on cd. Putting a cd on a 12" plastic slab does nothing except make it more inconvenient.

He's always been a jerk, and you don't like him, but you don't know him?

This reads more like you simply don't like the shit he puts out and are taking this as an opportunity to rip his/the board member's asses.

For the record, ebay is the best place to flip records. Plenty of deals made on here, but some times you have to rack up 400% profits from some nut bag with money on the bay. I mean, I fucking hate 99% of the people in this world anyway. The 1% I love congregate here.

#retailworker

Man, some times shitty things happen. Nature vs. Nurture. Natural selection. Only the strong survive. His business will fail or succeed on how strong his business skills are.

Posting on the ETR thread.

His response when I asked him why he doesn't just put his own stuff was "I tried that once and lost money". 

yeah...that's pretty much the opposite of what happened. he actually got extremely lucky in that the one and only band he ever signed was harvard/hrvrd and they've done pretty well for themselves (and as a result, himself).

i mean, not like good charlotte big, but they've definitely got some fans. 

He's always been a jerk, and you don't like him, but you don't know him?

This reads more like you simply don't like the shit he puts out and are taking this as an opportunity to rip his/the board member's asses.

I take it  he comes across as a good decent person to you?

I don't know him personally no. But  his business practices and the way he comes across on a message board make him seem undesirable.  I'm not ripping anyone ass, especially no one on this board, I don't know hardly any of the people on here.  This place is super bizarre.  like 40 pages of people calling this dude out, I make a post, and people jump on the defensive. And yes, people that listen to that type of music are mainstream trend hoppers that collect pieces of plastic that look cool.  What happened to this place when SRC took it over, did they bring all their fans with em? 

I take it  he comes across as a good decent person to you?

I don't know him personally no. But  his business practices and the way he comes across on a message board make him seem undesirable.  I'm not ripping anyone ass, especially no one on this board, I don't know hardly any of the people on here.  This place is super bizarre.  like 40 pages of people calling this dude out, I make a post, and people jump on the defensive. And yes, people that listen to that type of music are mainstream trend hoppers that collect pieces of plastic that look cool.  What happened to this place when SRC took it over, did they bring all their fans with em? 

we've bonded before. i like you. lets hang out in the basement and listen to "false gestures for a devious public" by the blood and drink a whole bunch. :)

yeah...that's pretty much the opposite of what happened. he actually got extremely lucky in that the one and only band he ever signed was harvard/hrvrd and they've done pretty well for themselves (and as a result, himself).

i mean, not like good charlotte big, but they've definitely got some fans. 

Maybe that was the other guy, the dude that took did the Blink stuff and took peoples money? He might be the one that had the cd art blown up and pixelated with a big ole cd barcode on it also.  Who knows? They're all doing the same thing, they kind of blend in together. I'm old, I don't belong here.

Maybe that was the other guy, the dude that took did the Blink stuff and took peoples money? He might be the one that had the cd art blown up and pixelated with a big ole cd barcode on it also.  Who knows? They're all doing the same thing, they kind of blend in together. I'm old, I don't belong here.

i'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting everything i'm posting in here. 

i'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting everything i'm posting in here. 

no, I think I may have been mistaken with what I said maybe. Unless that was in jest? I don't know anything about Harvard, I've heard their name, I have no idea if they're "big" or not.  

Anyway, didn't mean to offend anyone.  Not sure what Shitty Rambo guy was getting at, but I have nothing against anyone here. Granted I haven't really posted in a few years, and have a different account since Virgil banned like half of us back in the day. But yeah, tis all good on this end :)   

no, I think I may have been mistaken with what I said maybe. Unless that was in jest? I don't know anything about Harvard, I've heard their name, I have no idea if they're "big" or not.  

Anyway, didn't mean to offend anyone.  Not sure what Shitty Rambo guy was getting at, but I have nothing against anyone here. Granted I haven't really posted in a few years, and have a different account since Virgil banned like half of us back in the day. But yeah, tis all good on this end :)   

I am not a fan of ETR's presses as far as their licensing deals, but HRVRD is great music (Honestly one of my favorite bands, obviously personal preferences and all that). However, they are not big at all. They are basically broken up at this point. Definitely worth a listen though.