ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

I'm too old to keep track of all the indie bands who have formed after 2002, especially in the post-post-mp3 blog hype machine era, and I'm too green of a vinyl collector to offer any wax wisdom.  So all I have to give are posts abut Kind of Like Spitting and effortful attempts at amusing myself.

You're speaking very matter-of-factly for someone who "hasn't really posted in a few years" and also putting words in my mouth like I straight up defended ETR. The only thing I questioned was this vinyl-bro mentality you ran up in here with. This isn't exclusive to you and tends to happen in all 'these types' of threads. It's almost like anyone with a Fugazi record in their collection feels it's necessary to point out, at nauseum, that they don't like these labels or the people who buy these records. Got it. If this community and boards are as bad as certain people insist they are then why do even come here? Just to get pissed off? It makes no damn sense.

More importantly I'm not trying to argue with you, but this discussion wasn't started so we can all read about how much people don't like Good Charlotte(sp) and Korn. I for one am more concerned about Ross being able to fix this shit because as mentioned above he's only human and people fuck up. He did some shady things, but seeing people come out of the woodwork just to kick him when he's down is pretty crappy too.

yeah. We all make mistakes, very few of us make a living from them.  Why don't we start a kickstarter or something to help this poor guy out?  Dude, Fugazi, vinyl! Brah!  

I think the worst part of this thread is how many people are pining for Dream Theater and Fall of Troy records. I mean, shitty business practices are bad but those bands are eternally worse. To quote about 85% of the posts here: "That's just my two cents."

I think the worst part of this thread is how many people are pining for Dream Theater and Fall of Troy records. I mean, shitty business practices are bad but those bands are eternally worse. To quote about 85% of the posts here: "That's just my two cents."

Damn why the hate for DT? I've always though they were solid, even if Portnoy was an asshat.