ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

Maybe that was the other guy, the dude that took did the Blink stuff and took peoples money? He might be the one that had the cd art blown up and pixelated with a big ole cd barcode on it also.  Who knows? They're all doing the same thing, they kind of blend in together. I'm old, I don't belong here.

Oh yeah, Mightier Than The Sword. I forget about them sometimes. That label had a few bands that fizzled. Think he also had a hand in Academy Fight Song.

Maybe that was the other guy, the dude that took did the Blink stuff and took peoples money? He might be the one that had the cd art blown up and pixelated with a big ole cd barcode on it also. Who knows? They're all doing the same thing, they kind of blend in together. I'm old, I don't belong here.

No. That was ETR. For sure.

Careful, Shitty Rambo might come after you. Don't be dissin' on the 90's top 40 yo!

You're speaking very matter-of-factly for someone who "hasn't really posted in a few years" and also putting words in my mouth like I straight up defended ETR. The only thing I questioned was this vinyl-bro mentality you ran up in here with. This isn't exclusive to you and tends to happen in all 'these types' of threads. It's almost like anyone with a Fugazi record in their collection feels it's necessary to point out, at nauseum, that they don't like these labels or the people who buy these records. Got it. If this community and boards are as bad as certain people insist they are then why do even come here? Just to get pissed off? It makes no damn sense.

More importantly I'm not trying to argue with you, but this discussion wasn't started so we can all read about how much people don't like Good Charlotte(sp) and Korn. I for one am more concerned about Ross being able to fix this shit because as mentioned above he's only human and people fuck up. He did some shady things, but seeing people come out of the woodwork just to kick him when he's down is pretty crappy too.

Ross has had some serious issues from the beginning that have only been compounded by the recent influx of information that this thread has provided. Here's a list of more-than-questionable business decisions/screw-ups that have occurred:

- First release - a picture disc that he tried to justify by saying it was the only way to make a 'gold' record

+ Awful shipping job on these - often resulting in damaged records

- Starting Line - poorly packaged, almost all seam splits.

- RXBandits - No band approval. No remorse. (You will find this to be a recurring theme)

- Early November - Blown up CD artwork. Huge barcode on back because of this. (I know this is technically Patrick's doing, but Ross is the label owner)

+ Hidden /50 variant that he told people not to reveal because the label didn't even know about it.

- Fall of Troy - typo on track listing.

- Cartel - He purposely made this a 'surprise' release as he didn't have the band approval and knew there would be issues. However, ETR sold out before the band could get word out.

- NK - Basement Tapes - Have you seen the 'packaging' for this? He reasoned it was because it was a 'demo' release and purposefully minimal packaging.

- Dream Theater - He claimed it was CD-sourced because no digital files exist anymore. Music on Vinyl used HQ digital files from the label for their release of this.

- Cute Is What We Aim For - Wrong center labels.

- Kevin Devine Live - Misspelling on spine. Pixellated interior images. Wrong center labels. Wrong track lengths.

- Doug 7" - Re-recorded covers of the 'original' songs by he and his friends. Makes it completely ambiguous in all postings. Thanks himself on the back of the record.

- Lightning bolt shirt - Supposed to be bolt from Skeeter's shirt. Looks nothing like it.

Extra-curricular activities - 

- Charges >$5 for shipping media mail - and claimed it was because pricing had gone up.

- Sells grab bag - often putting in records that would be cheaper if you bought normally on this site.

- Uses eBay to flip his own releases

- Gives extra variants to his business partner to flip for even more on his own eBay account

- Said business partner (and owner of Paper Books) comes in to lie and cover-up for Ross

- Said business partner (and best friend and 'musician' on Doug 7") tells board member "I will be sure to give you a rag to wipe off my cum after you are under my desk choking on my dick," among other things.

- More lies from ETR

It's known I've never been a fan of Ross, but coming in and apologizing just doesn't fly for me (even though he hasn't even done this). He constantly makes excuses, has poor business tactics, is known to lie over and over to cover himself, and has shown almost zero regard for the bands he works with. 

money is hard earned. when we feel betrayed of not getting the most of our measly dollar then yeah....im grabbing my steal toed boots.

dont try to pull a fast one over my unsuspecting head and have me learn later about shit and that ill just 'be okay with it'

he cant even say this line: hey guys, i messed up, lied and im sorry for it.

therefore the circle of no respect will get more turns than a 1940's Macy's revolving door.

Ross has had some serious issues from the beginning that have only been compounded by the recent influx of information that this thread has provided. Here's a list of more-than-questionable business decisions/screw-ups that have occurred:

- First release - a picture disc that he tried to justify by saying it was the only way to make a 'gold' record

- RXBandits - No band approval. No remorse. (You will find this to be a recurring theme)

- Early November - Blown up CD artwork. Huge barcode on back because of this. (I know this is technically Patrick's doing, but Ross is the label owner)

+ Hidden /50 variant that he told people not to reveal because the label didn't even know about it.

- Cartel - He purposely made this a 'surprise' release as he didn't have the band approval and knew there would be issues. However, ETR sold out before the band could get word out.

- NK - Basement Tapes - Have you seen the 'packaging' for this? He reasoned it was because it was a 'demo' release and purposefully minimal packaging.

- Dream Theater - He claimed it was CD-sourced because no digital files exist anymore. Music on Vinyl used HQ digital files from the label for their release of this.

- Kevin Devine LIve - Misspelling on spine. Pixellated interior images. Wrong center labels.

- Charges >$5 for shipping media mail - and claimed it was because pricing had gone up.

- Sells grab bag - often putting in records that would be cheaper if you bought normally on this site.

- Gives extra variants to his business partner to flip for even more on his eBay account

- Said business partner (and owner of Paper Books) comes in to lie and cover-up for Ross

- More lies from ETR

It's known I've never been a fan of Ross, but coming in and apologizing just doesn't fly for me (even though he hasn't even done this). He constantly makes excuses, has poor business tactics, is known to lie over and over to cover himself, and has shown almost zero regard for the bands he works with. 

Spot on, sir. Kudos.

I just feel like a moron for believing that he was earnest in contacting bands for approval before moving ahead. I thought "Eh, he tried" and then overspent to grasp on to the tiny bit of nostalgia I have that keeps me from becoming the slow, sad human being I pretend I am not. I might have even defended his stance. 

Knowing what I know now from this thread:I wouldn't be surprised if any release he cancelled wasn't done so out of respect for the band, it was done so out of threat or legal action. Lying does matter, especially when you are the face of your own business. ETR is done in my book. I don't want the product you are selling. The cost is too great and yes, I am a hypocrite. I shop at stores that do harm to the environment and give money to causes I am diametrically opposed to. I avoid it as much as I can but you are not a corporation, your a dude who can turn his life around, and have some success at it? Plenty of labels seem to be able to do the best they can. 

- Kevin Devine LIve - Misspelling on spine. Pixellated interior images. Wrong center labels.

- Gives extra variants to his business partner to flip for even more on his eBay account

- More lies from ETR

dont forget the starting line releases that were poorly packaged and essentially ALL had seam splits. 

or the newest release -- cute is what we aim for -- where the center labels are wrong.