Death Cab For Cutie - Kintsugi (Out March 31st!)

This song is so much better than Codes was to me and I might actually be excited for DCFC again, I wasn't interested at first but now that I know (hope) the album goes in a completely different direction than Codes I might actually preorder this. Hmm.

I concur with you man. As a band who's first albums were gems, Codes and Keys was just awful. Like the new song a lot and definitely sounds more like old death cab. I will probably pre-order this as well.

Somebody convince me to pre-order this

It's on snazzy white and gold wax and $24 isn't thaaaaat bad. The new single sounds great, and even if you don't agree with that it's a step in a better than what Codes and Keys took.

I didn't pre-order it right away, in fact I was going to wait a while to pick it up. Then I realized I knew I was going to buy it at some point or another, so I decided to just pre-order it after hearing the new single.

Am I the only one that was REALLY disappointed with this new song? Melody is boring, lyrics are cheesy. Hate to say it but DCFC may be done with their last good album being Narrow Stairs. Ben needs to go solo. 

But did you HEAR Ben's solo album? Ooof. I'd rather listen to Codes & Keys.

I love every album from Facts through Plans. Narrow Stairs is where it starts to go downhill for me. Fortunately the box set had everything I needed (except Plans) in one tidy package.