Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I received a lead on one of the unclaimed secret McCartney Sweet Thrash RSD promos. This was at the top of my want list. Before I hop in my car and drive a couple hundred miles to claim my grail, I figured it was worth a shot to enlist the help of the board first. I'm offering a $50 "reward" (or let me know a record you're looking for) plus gas money and postage if you can send me the record. Reply with your location and if you are nearby I will tell you which store it is at and we can go from there. Thanks for your help!

The location under my post count is true, no sense in being redundant  :P

Thanks for the info!  That sounds really frustrating!

Actually, what was more frustrating was placing orders with Dimple last night to only have them cancelled this morning. I'm resigned to the fact that I won't get Foo Fighters but am hoping that Bullmoose will come through tomorrow morning with the other couple of albums I missed out on (Whiplash, Polyvinyl, U2)

Actually, what was more frustrating was placing orders with Dimple last night to only have them cancelled this morning. I'm resigned to the fact that I won't get Foo Fighters but am hoping that Bullmoose will come through tomorrow morning with the other couple of albums I missed out on (Whiplash, Polyvinyl, U2)

That happened to me last year, but I cannot remember the site.  In the end, Bullmoose did come through on everything I wanted.  Can't say enough good things about them.

That happened to me last year, but I cannot remember the site.  In the end, Bullmoose did come through on everything I wanted.  Can't say enough good things about them.

Agreed, Bullmoose is fantastic - I actually saw a few of the albums I wanted on Amoeba today but I'd rather give Bullmoose my money! 

Yes, it would still be quite a drive for you. More than my offer is worth, I'm afraid. I don't know a good way to search members of the board by location and a lot of people don't even list their location.

Why don't you just post the state? Especially if your "East/Northeast" hint is correct, I can't think of any answer that would narrow it down that much just by knowing the state. Even smaller Northeast states like Rhode Island and Vermont have many, many record stores.

Why don't you just post the state? Especially if your "East/Northeast" hint is correct, I can't think of any answer that would narrow it down that much just by knowing the state. Even smaller Northeast states like Rhode Island and Vermont have many, many record stores.

Sure, no problem. The store is in Pennsylvania. I wasn't trying to give hints. Just hoping that a board member responds who is near enough to the store to go grab the record without too much inconvenience for them. But your point is taken. It is useless to have tons of people responding who are nowhere near the store.

I picked up the Stooges, Grandmaster Flash/Stiff Little Fingers at Mike Watt, which is all I really wanted to pay for. Passed on Social Distortion's $30 price tag because it's not even that good of an album.

How is that Stooges album?? I saw it in person, but passed. Live Stooges are great plus it comes with that enormous poster. hmmm

I don't agree about Social D (see what I did there?!), but the price is a bit high for that for sure.

Yeah good luck trying to see if anyone will do that for just $50. You have seen the eBay prices ATM for that right? That thing kind oI'

I'm not asking anyone to pay eBay prices for it. I'm just asking someone who lives close by to walk in to a record store, pick up a record, and mail it to me. Probably the easiest $50 they will ever make.

How is that Stooges album?? I saw it in person, but passed. Live Stooges are great plus it comes with that enormous poster. hmmm

I don't agree about Social D (see what I did there?!), but the price is a bit high for that for sure.

Stooges is pretty cool. It sounds like it was recorded from the audience, which is fine I guess, but not what I expected. The color is very nice: it was described as black/white "spatter" but it's actually a black/white/gray smash. Pretty heavy, too. Oh, and there's a pretty cool segment before the music starts of some people on what I assume is the bus to the show talking about Iggy Pop and his stage antics.

And the poster is definitely something I'd pay like $10 for, which makes me feel a little better about spending $25 on a single LP.

I didn't mean to say Social Distortion wasn't a good album - but I'd pay $30 for a new press of Mommy's Little Monster before the self-titled. Nice rhyme though.  ;)

I just clicked through what felt like 100 pages on the mobile site to get to the most recent page. I only caught glimpses of the first post on each page...

Is stlben really up to 7 copies of that April Fools Dads lathe? I know he had 3 but Jesus fucking Christ. I don't normally give a shit about this kind of thing, but unless his goal is to own all 100 copies could someone set him on fire?

Sure, no problem. The store is in Pennsylvania. I wasn't trying to give hints. Just hoping that a board member responds who is near enough to the store to go grab the record without too much inconvenience for them. But your point is taken. It is useless to have tons of people responding who are nowhere near the store.

I'm in PA! That thing is selling for crazy money. Like 'dump a bunch of cash on your bed and roll around naked in it' money.

I'm in PA! That thing is selling for crazy money. Like 'dump a bunch of cash on your bed and roll around naked in it' money.

Well if you have a couple hours to spend tomorrow on that mission for me I will cover your gas, plus $50, plus I will throw in that Live Stooges record so that you can check it out for yourself.

I didn't mean to say Social Distortion wasn't a good album - but I'd pay $30 for a new press of Mommy's Little Monster before the self-titled. Nice rhyme though. ;)

...or 'Sex, Love and Rock n Roll'.. why can't that be repressed?! That's prob my favorite one of the bunch. It's a close tie with 'White Light, White Heat..'

Well if you have a couple hours to spend tomorrow on that mission for me I will cover your gas, plus $50, plus I will throw in that Live Stooges record so that you can check it out for yourself.

Or... you could cover my gas, I'll send you the record, and bring my copy of the Stooges so bhoussock and I can listen to it without you having to send him one! Might be a few more bucks for gas though. 

Where about in PA or at least near? I wouldn't mind helping at all as long as it's not TOO far away. Although I've been going on small, solo 2 hour trips lately to shops I've never been to (Double Decker, Record Connection) and have had a great time!

Where about in PA or at least near? I wouldn't mind helping at all as long as it's not TOO far away. Although I've been going on small, solo 2 hour trips lately to shops I've never been to (Double Decker, Record Connection) and have had a great time!

It's less than two hours from you. Think of it as a paid trip to a record shop you've never been to! Plus really helping me out!!

\