Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

I'm aware that the argument is over, but I do want to say one thing that's mostly relevant to it, but wasn't said in it. Flipping sucks, but something I really hate is hypocrisy. If you talk on here about flippers and say "I'm not a flipper," or anything like that, then take all the heat in the world when you're caught doing it. Don't sit there on a pedestal and talk shit about VC, like it's their fault you use a site that hates what you do. That's like me joining a PETA forum while also clubbing seals on the side.

I'm done. Sorry to keep this conversation going.

Here's a bit of much needed perspective for ya'll

What if someone had a terminal disease and couldn't afford the medical care, and was trying to make money in any way possible, and found they could by flipping records? Would that make them a "turd" just because you couldn't get your precious out of print wax disks for a price YOU personally find fair? Christ.

Just an example, an extreme one mind you, to illustrate how fuckin self righteous this board is.

I seriously think you're psychotic.

I just read an article about how the limited edition Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection went on sale today and sold out almost instantly nationwide. People waited in line for hours before stores opened. Plenty of people were able to get what they wanted and are happy with their hauls, but a ton of items have been put up on eBay, new with tags, for ridiculously over-inflated prices. So many people are thoroughly pissed off because they wanted to buy those clothes/accessories to legitimately enjoy, but are instead either forced by a select few jackoffs into the secondhand market to overspend on that dress or purse they've been wanting for weeks, maybe even months, or just walk away, disappointed and with nothing.

The parallels, right?

Hey, does anybody know any online stores that are selling the Kyle Kinane "I Liked His Old...", or did anybody pick up a copy they don't want/spare copy?

Not terminally ill.

Bullmoose is putting their leftovers up at noon EDT tomorrow.  Looks like some stores have it in stock, you're chances of getting it from them are probably decent.

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/18207219/kyle-kinane-i-liked-his-old-stuff-better

I seriously think you're psychotic. delusional.

He's just a symptom of the sickness of his generation unfortunately. They're terminally ill.

Also, I think I'm finally going to say it: I think most people on this board are a bunch of ridiculous fucking turds for their own specific reasons. I still like some of you in spite of it, though.

People flipping stuff sucks; no shit, right? But someone selling something months or years down the line doesn't come off as flipping to me, especially if they only have the one copy and they're sick of it taking up space.

People selling something within a week after it comes out, specifically asking for an inflated price is shitty...but equally as shitty are the people who just bitch. and bitch. and biiiiiitch about it. We all get it. People who flip records are assholes.

Kess, you're a turd. Just my opinion, but it's not because you're a flipper. I couldn't give two shits about that anymore. I just think you come off as an over-privileged, possibly misogynistic dude that tries waaaaay too hard to let people know he loves music. **News flash** Most people like music.

Edit: Do I care what you think about this? No. Should you care what I think about you? Don't care.

I picked up the Stooges, Grandmaster Flash/Stiff Little Fingers at Mike Watt, which is all I really wanted to pay for. Passed on Social Distortion's $30 price tag because it's not even that good of an album. 

Very, very disappointed that Grandmaster Flash's side of "The Message" is censored. Fucking bullshit. 

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I received a lead on one of the unclaimed secret McCartney Sweet Thrash RSD promos. This was at the top of my want list. Before I hop in my car and drive a couple hundred miles to claim my grail, I figured it was worth a shot to enlist the help of the board first. I'm offering a $50 "reward" (or let me know a record you're looking for) plus gas money and postage if you can send me the record. Reply with your location and if you are nearby I will tell you which store it is at and we can go from there. Thanks for your help!

Thanks, missed that upon first read!

I think my body still hasn't gotten over the "1-2-3-4 GO!" fiasco from last night......

Can someone sum up what happened?  The thread went from one page to around forty between yesterday and the time I woke up today.  I didn't feel like going through it.

Can someone sum up what happened?  The thread went from one page to around forty between yesterday and the time I woke up today.  I didn't feel like going through it.

1234 said RSD leftovers were going up at 9pm PST, they actually didn't start trickling up on their site until around 11:30pm PST, people who stuck it out seemed to get some stuff. 

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I received a lead on one of the unclaimed secret McCartney Sweet Thrash RSD promos. This was at the top of my want list. Before I hop in my car and drive a couple hundred miles to claim my grail, I figured it was worth a shot to enlist the help of the board first. I'm offering a $50 "reward" (or let me know a record you're looking for) plus gas money and postage if you can send me the record. Reply with your location and if you are nearby I will tell you which store it is at and we can go from there. Thanks for your help!

Why don't you give us some sort of clue where the location is? It could be anywhere in the country. Northeast, Midwest, South, West?