hate for new members?

• 6 months later...

Yeah man, I just got on as a time killer since work is slow right now...didn't know you had to research whether your small talk questions have been answered before, be it last week or six years ago. It's like showing up at a party where everybody has common interests, but most have been at the party WAY too long, so you ask a question...ANY question...and these dudes are like "so-and-so JUST asked that question ten months ago!" Like whoa man, easy, easy, just wanted to chill...I'll go hang out where it's not a sausagefest. Lol some pretty high standards for a casual similar passions internet forum.

Yeah man, I just got on as a time killer since work is slow right now...didn't know you had to research whether your small talk questions have been answered before, be it last week or six years ago. It's like showing up at a party where everybody has common interests, but most have been at the party WAY too long, so you ask a question...ANY question...and these dudes are like "so-and-so JUST asked that question ten months ago!" Like whoa man, easy, easy, just wanted to chill...I'll go hang out where it's not a sausagefest. Lol some pretty high standards for a casual similar passions internet forum.

Lol wut

In all seriousness for some reason:

Before you post on any internet forum it's smart to lurk a bit and get handle on things. Use the search function before you start a thread. Get the lay of the land. Remember that it's new to you but a lot of people waste too much time there.

This can stop you from saying something that's been said a million times before. Feeding a troll. Or just anything that will get casual/harmless ridicule directed towards you from regulars.

Most importantly, just expect to get a few hostile or mean comments directed at you. It happens to everyone and doesn't mean much of anything.

He made a thread that was more or less a duplicate of another thread, some people made dumb posts, Juan pointed out the thread that already existed and then locked it. Meh.

Was it the Dredg thread? Cause I saw that when it had zero replies and almost posted "Hey, just so you know there's already a thread" but I think I was playing pokemon or getting high or something so I didn't bother.

Was it the Dredg thread? Cause I saw that when it had zero replies and almost posted "Hey, just so you know there's already a thread" but I think I was playing pokemon or getting high or something so I didn't bother.

That's the one. I love it when people get butthurt over internet comments that aren't actually even meant to be hurtful.

Lurking isn't just for this board. It is the common policy for all message boards.

In all seriousness for some reason:

Before you post on any internet forum it's smart to lurk a bit and get handle on things. Use the search function before you start a thread. Get the lay of the land. Remember that it's new to you but a lot of people waste too much time there.

This can stop you from saying something that's been said a million times before. Feeding a troll. Or just anything that will get casual/harmless ridicule directed towards you from regulars.

Most importantly, just expect to get a few hostile or mean comments directed at you. It happens to everyone and doesn't mean much of anything.