hate for new members?

Yeah man, I just got on as a time killer since work is slow right now...didn't know you had to research whether your small talk questions have been answered before, be it last week or six years ago. It's like showing up at a party where everybody has common interests, but most have been at the party WAY too long, so you ask a question...ANY question...and these dudes are like "so-and-so JUST asked that question ten months ago!" Like whoa man, easy, easy, just wanted to chill...I'll go hang out where it's not a sausagefest. Lol some pretty high standards for a casual similar passions internet forum.

Don't take anything to heart.  I've been around for years and can see where new members do get some shit.  I don't think it's typically to much, but I get how it'll turn off some people from continuing to post.  Best advice is to just take some time to read through some threads.  Figure out how to use the search feature.  In no time you'll figure out what'll ruffle some feathers and lead to you getting some shit.  

Really though just stick around here, there is a ton of really good people and a ton of really good info.  It's worth dealing with a bit of shit til you get how things roll 'round here.

In all seriousness for some reason:

Before you post on any internet forum it's smart to lurk a bit and get handle on things. Use the search function before you start a thread. Get the lay of the land. Remember that it's new to you but a lot of people waste too much time there.

This can stop you from saying something that's been said a million times before. Feeding a troll. Or just anything that will get casual/harmless ridicule directed towards you from regulars.

Most importantly, just expect to get a few hostile or mean comments directed at you. It happens to everyone and doesn't mean much of anything.

You said everything I wanted to say. Lurking is important. I lurked for quite a while before making any posts and luckily I hadn't really received any 'hate' or negative comments. I have made a couple threads where a duplicate was around, it's bound to happen sometimes simply due to the search function being wonky and not as useful as it could be. Another reason is that sometimes a thread is made years ago and when a reissue or some news comes out it's buried underneath thousands of threads - it's still better to make a new post in an old thread I suppose, and I can understand that nobody feels like digging. These are tiny problems though, and not really a justification for whining.

At the end of the day, making a thread complaining about the way the online community here operates is a surefire way to receive a lot of hate. What is there to be gained by being the young pup standing up and yelling at the old geezers that their secret club doesn't work the way you want it to?

1386547452416.jpg

I actually wish that there was a way to block new users from creating threads till they have been around for 25 posts and 1 month.  By doing that it would remove a heck of a lot of the stupid drama like this.  If there was a time frame and a post minimum before creating new threads it would make people spend a bit of time learning how this forum is ran before jumping in full steam.  

New poster please don't think I am trying to bash you.  It is tough when you are new around here to know to just search back before starting a new topic.  However when we have 6 threads out there to What's your favorite vinyl?, What's your most valuable vinyl?, Whats your most prettiest vinyl? etc., we probably don't need another thread variation of that.  It's really about keeping the amount of work for our moderators down to a minimum and keeping the forums as clean as possible (no duplicate threads).

You said everything I wanted to say. Lurking is important. I lurked for quite a while before making any posts and luckily I hadn't really received any 'hate' or negative comments. I have made a couple threads where a duplicate was around, it's bound to happen sometimes simply due to the search function being wonky and not as useful as it could be. Another reason is that sometimes a thread is made years ago and when a reissue or some news comes out it's buried underneath thousands of threads - it's still better to make a new post in an old thread I suppose, and I can understand that nobody feels like digging. These are tiny problems though, and not really a justification for whining.

At the end of the day, making a thread complaining about the way the online community here operates is a surefire way to receive a lot of hate. What is there to be gained by being the young pup standing up and yelling at the old geezers that their secret club doesn't work the way you want it to?

1386547452416.jpg

I've been posting on internet forums for almost two decades. How this stuff isn't common sense to people in 2015, I'll never know.

great, just when you think it was over, another noob starts a new thread. hoping we bring the pain this time.

This was an old thread, some kid just bumped it because he started a topic that already existed and then got all emotional when it was pointed out.

I quite enjoyed his 'sausagefest' comment. This board consists of dudes and girls, most of which do cool stuff like play in bands and are either in real life relationships or not hurting in that department. This isn't a super dork community or a dating website dude, hahaha.