The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

I was just joking around and imagining a forum where members spend hundreds of dollars weekly on CDs, argue with each other about the ethics of selling CDs over their original sale price, and obsess over rare variants of CDs. It's probably out there somewhere.

Don't forget the lengthy discussions about the superior audio quality of Compact Disc(k)s, cleaning methods, paper vs plastic cases, deluxe editions...

The plural of disc, is...well, yeah, actually it IS discs...

theres no way

Not exactly. His tour late last year he had a few copies for sale at (don't recall the show) someone on here bought a copy. I saw him a few shows after that, and asked the merch lady. She said he just brought a few copies with him, and they sold out that first show they were available. So he defiantly has extra copies of LP's and probably decides randomly to sell a few here and there. Same goes for CDs. I happen to score 1 of 2 copies of 7 Song Belfast "the first" Live CD in the now long standing tradition of bonus live CDs with purchases. She said he brought just a couple copies of those and I got the last one! $5 for a OOP CD that goes for like $40$50! Oh and also they were giving away copies of BIKO (CD) to anyone that purchased any CD, Vinyl, or Poster.....So I got Belfast and Biko for $5 - SCORE!

So there is hope but a glimmer....tiny tiny glimmer...You have to be at THAT show, and THAT he decides to randomly grab a few from his supply !

interestingly enough, someone on Discogs commented that as of this month he still has copies of Among The Leaves with him on tour. Extremely unlikely that he'll have any left by the time I see him in October, but just a heads up to anyone planning on seeing him anytime soon

I'm seeing him in October, too. Really hoping for something nice at the merch table, but i won't get my hopes up

i suspect if we follow up on this seller and these auctions that there may be more than a few that get cancelled or mysteriously are unavailable after RSD - i.e. waiting in line and couldnt get them.  still, a pretty good "preorder" scam.

otherwise its someone who runs or works at a record store which is even worse

either way, its JUST LIKE RSD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!