The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

2 things:

1) 4AD is apparently sending me a replacement disk for my scratched one, hoping it's the gold...

2) I went to Amoeba Hollywood yesterday and they had a RHP box on their wall for $300 lol

If this was the Brand New "Deja Entendu" thread, somebody would have already written Amoeba a scathing letter questioning their business practice, demanding an explanation and removal of price of said item and threatening a VC boycott which a good number of VC'ers would've backed. lol

Also, my order for Universal Themes delivery date has been pushed back to Dec.2015/Jan.2016. No big surprise there and it'll be worth the wait.

I wonder if they'd price match (themselves) http://www.amoeba.com/red-house-painters-box-set-lp-red-house-painters/albums/3653089/

Also, my order for Universal Themes delivery date has been pushed back to Dec.2015/Jan.2016. No big surprise there and it'll be worth the wait.

And now they've just completely cancelled my order. First time that's happened when ordering through Amazon... Weird.

"Unfortunately, the article referred to were due to a technical error on our website temporarily ordered , although they are no longer available and a subsequent delivery is not possible at present ."

Just got this from Bull Moose yesterday, so I'm on the lookout for a Rock N Roll singer if anyone has one available. Can send money immediately.

I'm very sorry to report that there is a very good chance we won't be able to fill your order for the upcoming release of Rock N Roll Singer. Many fewer of these records ended up making it to stores than anybody expected. I'm sure you were really looking forward to this record and I know it stinks to not know if you will get a copy.

We had a few declined credit cards from a few people who pre-ordered a bit before you did. We are going to give them a fair chance to solve the problem. We will keep your order open and put you on the wait list in case some of those people decide they don't want the record.

Your credit card will not be charged unless we are able to get a copy for you.

I apologize for the uncertainty. We know you would rather be getting good news right now.

Thanks,
Chris

Don't overpay too quickly.... My local still has copies of What's Next to the Moon and i'm pretty sure they will get this in over the next couple weeks.

What's Next to the Moon was an odd one here in Edmonton, we have 3 record stores that do RSD, only one of them got it and they only got one. My local shop got 15 Live at Bikos so that was odd. 

Nice that's the shop I started collecting at!

Underground ordered 8 copies so he will most like get a few! (One is mine though :)

Underground got their copies unpacked today. Looked like they had 3. I was the one who bugged Matt to order them back in March. Were you able to get one of them? They said they had a bunch of requests. I get pissed at that shop for putting stuff up on discogs for crazy prices, ie the RHP box for $300, but they came through this time.

Yea I was bugging Matt and the other guy before it was up to order, so I got one from them :) we both probably were asking at same time lol...

Not sure if he got RnR too? I have my bullmoose one but would guess he got some of those too?

Underground got their copies unpacked today. Looked like they had 3. I was the one who bugged Matt to order them back in March. Were you able to get one of them? They said they had a bunch of requests. I get pissed at that shop for putting stuff up on discogs for crazy prices, ie the RHP box for $300, but they came through this time.