Jump to content
timsimmons

PAX-AM Records (Ryan Adams)

Recommended Posts

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, strangers said:

Extra copies up, now saying /2000

Edited by 212 Margarita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mr. sincere said:

Why, you wouldn't have bought it if there were initially 500 more than they said? That's seems weird. 

I would of bought it if was an unlimited pressing. You don’t feel people should  stand by their word? That seems weird to me and poor form. 

Why say “1500 one off pressing” at all if it doesn’t mean shit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I would of bought it if was an unlimited pressing. You don’t feel people should  stand by their word? That seems weird to me and poor form. 

Why say “1500 one off pressing” at all if it doesn’t mean shit? 

Who cares? Demand was huge and they decided to make some more. I wouldn't worry, it's still gonna be a pretty rare piece that you can say you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with Velocity of Sound.  Rough Trade know what the demand is for Ryan's albums.  Why didn't they just originally say 2000?  Or 3000 or whatever.  I would have also bought it either way, it's just poor planning and marketing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr. sincere said:

Why, you wouldn't have bought it if there were initially 500 more than they said? That's seems weird. 

Let's be honest. If they changed it once, they'll do it again no problem. I wouldn't buy this based on it's limited nature cuz it's obvious they're gonna milk that teet as long as it sells out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Velocity of Sound said:

I would of bought it if was an unlimited pressing. You don’t feel people should  stand by their word? That seems weird to me and poor form. 

Why say “1500 one off pressing” at all if it doesn’t mean shit? 

I definitely think people should stand by their word and it should be Illegal to market things this way to people only to change it after they realize they misread the market. You're right, totally scummy thing to do but your vote is your money and u can vote to stop doing business with people who do this as well, which is what I'll be doing with Rough Trade after this release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, timbrh2001 said:

I definitely think people should stand by their word and it should be Illegal to market things this way to people only to change it after they realize they misread the market. You're right, totally scummy thing to do but your vote is your money and u can vote to stop doing business with people who do this as well, which is what I'll be doing with Rough Trade after this release.

This shit pisses me off to know end. Don't lie just to sell some albums. I would have bought if it was limited to 5000 but you gotta stand by your word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I think they should make enough for everybody that wants one.

 

This gimmick of creating “false demand” by only pressing 500 -1000 copies of a vinyl title, when there is a huge demand, is just stupid.  :rolleyes:

 

The labels need to stop screwing over the people that actually PURCHASE music, when most people download it for free.

 

Also, no shipping charge when I pre-ordered my recent copy.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Eh, I think they should make enough for everybody that wants one.

 

This gimmick of creating “false demand” by only pressing 500 -1000 copies of a vinyl title, when there is a huge demand, is just stupid.  :rolleyes:

 

The labels need to stop screwing over the people that actually PURCHASE music, when most people download it for free.

 

Also, no shipping charge when I pre-ordered my recent copy.  :D

I'm only commenting on their use of limited edition as a marketing ploy tool. Be honest with people in what u say you're gonna sell, how hard is that? Being honest and truthful of people is always the right way to do business.

 

I'm a big RA fan so this was gonna be purchased regardless but this kind of shit always pisses me off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jwwheel said:

Thanks. Cancelled my EU order and picked it up from the U.S. site.

 

I agree with people be annoyed about the increased pressing number, but Rough Trade are assholes, so I wasn't surprised. At least more people can get their hands on the record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im starting to think this release has gone from a "1500 one off pressing" to a 2000 USA and 2000 UK pressing. I cant figure out how they sold 1500 copies in an hour but now havent sold through the additional 500 copies split between two countries in 5 days....unless it's now 2000 copies for each country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

Im starting to think this release has gone from a "1500 one off pressing" to a 2000 USA and 2000 UK pressing. I cant figure out how they sold 1500 copies in an hour but now havent sold through the additional 500 copies split between two countries in 5 days....unless it's now 2000 copies for each country.

It didn’t sell out in an hour.  The first time the link was up for 5hrs and they said it will added prematurely. Then it went live from like 6am till about 1pm that day. Then came back up for an hour after. Then they mentioned it was gonna limited to 2000. People are gonna cry if it was limited and sold out at 1500, and people are gonna cry since it’s still available at 2000 copies. They know it’s gonna make them cash in the long run. I bet there’s even more than 2000 copies. 

Edited by ps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 9:49 AM, jwwheel said:

Thanks for this! Love all the whining---just shows that you're not buying for the music but for the right to brag that you have something that someone else doesn't. Lame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×