(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

Brother, Sister is their best album, hands down, but I like all their albums, some more, some less. If this album is a mix of all albums, and that mix is a the best of every album, this album can be really good. I had too high hopes for Ten Stories and, even though a good album, I was a little disappointed. Trying to not have too high hopes for this one, and maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. One of the bands I go back to most.

I love everything through Brother Sister. I don't remember a second of the last 2. Will listen though. Huge for RFC.

What's next for these "new" first line indie labels like topshelf/rfc/nosleep/tiny engines? Brand New? :)

I hope you're joking haha. I'm sure any of those labels would take an active band over Brand New.

I was an AB-Foxes kid. Once I gave the latter, especially the last two, a chance... I quickly realized they don't write bad songs.

I'm still obsessed with Foxes. It's absolutely perfect, start to finish. Brother, Sister is also pretty big for me. Spent a lot of time smoking weed and night driving to that one in high school.

I hope you're joking haha. I'm sure any of those labels would take an active band over Brand New.

Ehhh not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be much hesitation from Jeff if rfc had a chance to put out a Brand New release if they had the opportunity. Or any of those labels for that matter.

Why would any label pass up the opportunity to release music by Brand New? They are still an amazing band. Unfortunately their fan base is terrible most of the time.

Because these new labels crank releases out like crazy, something that Brand New obviously doesn't wanna partake in. I'm not saying RFC or anyone else wouldn't jump at the chance, but I have a feeling they would rather put the energy into bands who actually give a fuck.

And please, Brand New is far from amazing. I'm a huge fan, but they aren't anything close to what people make them out to be.

Because these new labels crank releases out like crazy, something that Brand New obviously doesn't wanna partake in. I'm not saying RFC or anyone else wouldn't jump at the chance, but I have a feeling they would rather put the energy into bands who actually give a fuck.

And please, Brand New is far from amazing. I'm a huge fan, but they aren't anything close to what people make them out to be.

To each his own. I would love to hear your definition of amazing when it comes to music though.

Brother, Sister is their best album, hands down, but I like all their albums, some more, some less. If this album is a mix of all albums, and that mix is a the best of every album, this album can be really good. I had too high hopes for Ten Stories and, even though a good album, I was a little disappointed.

This is correct.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably dumb speculation, but I wouldn't mind if I was right. mewithoutYou liked this picture on IG... possibly the new album's artwork? Again, I'm probably wrong and I'm sorry for bumping with no real news. Just bored.

http://instagram.com/p/1NiJkdp16B/

[it came up in my explore section... I didn't really do any detective work.]

This is probably dumb speculation, but I wouldn't mind if I was right. mewithoutYou liked this picture on IG... possibly the new album's artwork? Again, I'm probably wrong and I'm sorry for bumping with no real news. Just bored.

http://instagram.com/p/1NiJkdp16B/

[it came up in my explore section... I didn't really do any detective work.]

That looks like Vasily Kafanov's personal Instagram account, and he's done all of their artwork so far. He has a bunch of pieces posted that haven't been used on an album, but you never know. If that turns out to be the actual art for the album I'd be pretty pleased.