Fallout Discussion: “76”

I'm having much better success with my second vault.  It seems like restraint goes a long way.

Does upgrading the vault door really do anything besides slow down the raiders? Or if you upgrade it enough will the eventually give up?

Just slows them down. If you are able to "staff" the entrance, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I haven't had to deal with death claws yet, so.....there's that

Question: I'm still working on my "old" vault (before the update), but I have updated, and I don't see Mr. Handy, death claws, or mole rats yet. Do I need to start a new vault to see the updates?

Just slows them down. If you are able to "staff" the entrance, I wouldn't worry about it.

That's what I've been doing.  Mainly wondering if it was worth my precious caps to upgrade if they're still going to get in.  Don't really see the good in slowing them down if people are waiting to blow them away on the other side :)

That's what I've been doing.  Mainly wondering if it was worth my precious caps to upgrade if they're still going to get in.  Don't really see the good in slowing them down if people are waiting to blow them away on the other side :)

It's worth considering for deathclaw attacks depending on your vault setup, but you can definitely take care of the problem via other means.  I had hoped that maybe a fully upgraded door had built in laser turrets or something, but no such luck.

SO, true confession, I've never played a Fallout game seriously before.

I have a 360. Do I buy Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

Duuuuuuude you're missing out. Definitely start out with 3. I like New Vegas better but it has so many things it improved on over 3, so it's awesome to see the improvements. Fallout 3 GOTY is $10 at Walmart. New Vegas is usually $10-$15 for GOTY edition as well.

Bleh I just don't know. I'd have to actually touch and use my 360 controller again. :(

Or just wait for the backwards compatibility... thats what i'm doing. I know I'll have Fallout 4 by then but fuck it. I've played both before but I guess its time for a confession myself... I never finished either. Not even close.