DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

It's funny to me how nu-metal is overall such a "deragatory" term (and right fully so), but a lot of it has to do with the fact that Deftones pulled it off so perfectly. I can see why every other band is basically trash comparatively.

Because Chino's execution of "rap metal" is fucking great. Even though I don't care for the studio recorded version of Adrenaline, live it's too damn good. So much intensity in his delivery. And "Headup"? Doesn't get much better than that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the album:

"I think October or November, probably November, as of today we are rushing to get our thank yous and credits turned in. Once the music turned in which should be in the next couple of weeks there is still some mixing and mastering to be done. But the recordings all done the songs are all there, they are awesome were excited about it" ... "One thing this record that's really cool sonically, our bass play is playing a 6 sting bass which is closer to a baritone guitar. So how his frequency works with my guitar frequency and Stef guitar frequency it molded a different sound, a different area of sonics that is new for us."

http://www.wsou.net/news/deftonesinterview.cfm#.VcpBByb2AUE

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They posted a shit ton of new merch yesterday. One of the items is a cardigan that I want. It went up for $60 then they raised the price to $88 a few minutes later while I was checking my bank account. Such BS. I messaged them and they said it was a mistake and they wont honor the original price. I'm not about to pay $95 for a cardigan. And that poster sucks nuts. They all do. Not sure why I'm surprised by its shittiness.

They posted a shit ton of new merch yesterday. One of the items is a cardigan that I want. It went up for $60 then they raised the price to $88 a few minutes later while I was checking my bank account. Such BS. I messaged them and they said it was a mistake and they wont honor the original price. I'm not about to pay $95 for a cardigan. And that poster sucks nuts. They all do. Not sure why I'm surprised by its shittiness.

Yea I saw that. So stupid. The merch prices are just insane. I would love to buy multiple shirts but not at $35 a pop plus shipping.

Yea I'm not sure what graphic designer is doing these but I could sure as hell do a lot better. These just have no effort or taste at all. At the very least put the album art on it.