DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

Well I stand corrected. Rest of the tour has been cancelled. I totally understand why, just a shame. They'll reschedule though so it's not all bad.

Silver lining is that maybe they will now have the time to make sure the album is as polished as possible, or release it earlier??

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-11-15/deftones-confirm-paris-gigs-cancelled

I doubt the band cancelling their tour would impact the album's release date.

Well I stand corrected. Rest of the tour has been cancelled. I totally understand why, just a shame. They'll reschedule though so it's not all bad.

Silver lining is that maybe they will now have the time to make sure the album is as polished as possible, or release it earlier??

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2015-11-15/deftones-confirm-paris-gigs-cancelled

Theyre still stuck in Paris and I'm sure theyre all shaken up. They need all the rest they can get and Im sure the album is the last thing theyre thinking about.

They arent mastering it either so its just up to titles and album artwork for them. Basically a waiting game now.

Theyre still stuck in Paris and I'm sure theyre all shaken up. They need all the rest they can get and Im sure the album is the last thing theyre thinking about.

They arent mastering it either so its just up to titles and album artwork for them. Basically a waiting game now.

They just need to come back to SoCal and play the Roxy, that'll make them feel a bit better.

Ah ok, I thought maybe they still had some mastering to do. I've been following this thread pretty poorly it seems!

Anyway, the main thing is that they're safe. I'd rather not go and everyone be safe and with family etc. They'll comeback out and do another show when they're ready.

Man I have a gig to go to on Thursday in London and now I'm semi concerned about going. I'm sure it's all good, and now is maybe safer than ever to go as security and police will be pretty heavy, but still...

I think he meant they hope to debut a new song live the 21st at Wembley, not release a single

Possibly. But the reason they didn't play any new songs on the co-headlining tour with Incubus is because they didn't want people to hear them for the first time in a live setting and then put it on YouTube. 

"We contemplated it a little bit, we talked about it," he said. "But with, you know, YouTube and things like that, it's like, by the time people hear the real recorded version, a live version recorded on someone's camera phone will be people's first idea of what our new record sounds like. I really don't think we wanted to take that step yet. But yeah, it is sort of hard 'cause we're sitting on all this material that we're really excited about and really want to play."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/deftones-singer-says-band-wont-play-new-songs-on-current-tour/

They did say the record still needs to be mastered.  However, it shouldn't take 2 weeks to master a record.  They could have "the single" mastered first and sent off to radio stations before the rest of the record is mastered.  

Or, that article could just be wrong.  And now with them cancelling the rest of their tour, being on lockdown in Paris for a minute, and everything else they're going through, the record may be the last thing they're thinking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Enamel pins are the rage right now, and they're typically going for $10 per pin.  So $20 for 3 is an ok deal.  The pins themselves kind of make it a shitty deal because, let's face it, the pins aren't that interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know how legit this information is, but there's rumors of a new single being released January 15th.

That would put a release around March which sounds about right.

Possibility this documentary is getting leaked next week too:

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,20755.0.html

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about that. I have seen this band since 97. Chino voice is shaky. However from an energy perspective they bring it still. Seeing them in larger venues has never suited this band but $$$$

I know he's been inconsistent in the past, but I caught them on the Incubus tour and he was on point with the exception of Beware.