DEFTONES- GORE (OUT NOW)

It's unreal how good he is at that shriek he does. Every time I see them he is always spot on with it. Especially on songs like Root and 7 Words. 

Oh my god. That's a good thing to hear, as I always say that Chi did the most monstrous backing voc I have heard in my life.

Looking at the setlist, I think I need to check them live when thay land Ol' Continent. And Deftones/Incubus would be die-for gig for my wife :)

For me, Deftones is one of the only bands that I just KNOW will put out another good-from-start-to-finish album every time.  Their sound is just so cohesive to me.  It never gets old or boring for me.  There isn't a Deftones song that I don't like.  And honestly, I don't think I can say that about any other band.

I agree at large with just about everything you say here. Except for there not being one song I don't like; "Pink Cellphone". What an auditory monstrosity that track is. 

I agree at large with just about everything you say here. Except for there not being one song I don't like; "Pink Cellphone". What an auditory monstrosity that track is. 

But dude... Annie Hardy has such a nice sounding voice.  Even the last bit of spoken word in that song.... :) haha ok... it's way down on my list of Deftones songs for sure.

Saw them tonight for the first time. It's truly amazing how well their ambiance transitions into a live setting. Their sound is so "big" and I was worried it wouldn't transition well and it blew me away. How is he able to sing like that live? True talent. I normally don't like bands that sound the exact same live as they do on their recordings, but in this case it was different and truly amazing.

After the show I went to the record store next door and snagged White Pony, Koi No Yokan, and Diamond Eyes. Those are my three favorites by them and I had a visa gift card to spend.