Copy of Chung King LP sells for $6000 on discogs

Smoking that butt make you mature

A slave to sex and you tell me you're pure

Slammin that beer makes you a man

I'll try to keep me cool but you better understand

UNDERSTAND

sooooo good.  

Seeing them in a room that shouldn't hold more that 100 people but having 200 packed into, was one of the best moments in my life.  

Everyone needs to watch this short documentary series on the band and then discuss this further.

https://youtu.be/UDDWPsTRlAUPart 1

https://youtu.be/42g1mG2oLAUPart 2

http://youtu.be/JWCYie-ZwUA Part 3

http://youtu.be/72ve48OkQZo Part 4

EDIT: sorry I'm on mobile and it always posts YouTube links all fucked up.

I was in high school when the Judge LP was released.  It sounded so metal to me at the time.  I can see resenting this band for inspiring all the crappy metalcore bands that came after them... Earth Crisis, et al.  The first 7" was good.  The LP was alright, but it took a decade before I could stomach it. The second 7" is worthless.

Listening to the complete discography now. It's not bad, I actually like it. Unfortunately, my instinct when I like an artist is "I wonder how much it costs on vinyl". I would pay $20 for a 180 gram repress of this, for sure not $6048 for the OG.

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=REV122A

You can get the discography for around $20-30

Also. I can't believe the amount of people who have never heard judge on this board. Guess it shouldn't be surprising but just assumed they were more well known

Annnnnd. I would rank them as a top 10 hardcore band. Super influential. One of the best from NY.

You must not browse the Deja thread. I, as well as two others, had a discussion with the adult members of the board about being 15 years old. So is it possible that I could have heard of Judge? Yeah, but the age thing probably contributes to the fact that I hadn't. 

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't have to be a bad thing, but when the style that is being spread promotes violence and ignorance you now have bands attempting to be more aggressive and fans that are only out to hurt others. That can lead to people that don't want to partake leaving the scene that thy were a part of for many years.

Literally why I no longer support Code Orange Kids and my local scene.

I've been involved in my local for 5 years and counting. Only recently in the past year have I begin to see others with no concern with hurting other people. It used to be about making sure everyone was safe because we were the fucking outcasts, the misunderstood. A family of freaks. I do not feel that sentiment anymore. I feel like it's everyone vs everyone and not us against the world. Don't mistake me for someone new to this, I've been at it for years. It's just this new wave of sociopaths only caring about hurting others to have a good time that bothers me and bands like that bring them out of their holes.

Edit: I'm from MI, sorry to confuse you.

This will be two-cents as an old and jaded HxC kid. 

Violence at HxC shows...or even any aggressive music genre...goes in cycles I've noticed in my 20+ years of being in the "scene". It seems that some generations "discover" the thugcore mentality that was prevalent in late 90's NYHC for example, and want to replicate it in not only the bands' music but also in the pit. It's one thing to let out the aggression & frustration in the pit via moshing and whatnot & still maintaining the camarederie of the scene...but if you're one of the many assholes who only go to shows and into the pit to purposely & malevolently hurt others with your ninja spinkicks and throwing punches, you can go get fucked.

This will be two-cents as an old and jaded HxC kid.

Violence at HxC shows...or even any aggressive music genre...goes in cycles I've noticed in my 20+ years of being in the "scene". It seems that some generations "discover" the thugcore mentality that was prevalent in late 90's NYHC for example, and want to replicate it in not only the bands' music but also in the pit. It's one thing to let out the aggression & frustration in the pit via moshing and whatnot & still maintaining the camarederie of the scene...but if you're one of the many assholes who only go to shows and into the pit to purposely & malevolently hurt others with your ninja spinkicks and throwing punches, you can go get fucked.

I'd agree with this, I have issue with anyone moshing or going hard but people targeting someone is some goon shit that can fuck off forever. If someone takes a knock and they fall down help them up and go about your business.

the youth of today, no pun intended, say they have a certain entitlement about having the "right" to express themselves through their bodies even if that means physically hurting someone else in the process 

then again it would be hard to imagine being at a Code Orange show without having the feeling of agression flowing through you