PO Now: moneen - are we really... (05.29)

I always LOL when people from the US complain about shipping as well. I know when you pay $3 usually, it would be tough to swallow paying more so I get why they aren't happy. But living in Canada, I don't think I've had a single LP cost less than $14 to ship in the last 2 years. Adding a second LP usually bumps it up to $20.

sorry man. It's just unjusifiable that you not even know how lucky you are. and record collecting is just one thing. rant over.

Oh I know exactly how lucky I am, I just don't need to spend $35 on a single LP from 2003 to prove it.

Eagle-and-Flag3-e1338214616710.jpg

I always LOL when people from the US complain about shipping as well. I know when you pay $3 usually, it would be tough to swallow paying more so I get why they aren't happy. But living in Canada, I don't think I've had a single LP cost less than $14 to ship in the last 2 years. Adding a second LP usually bumps it up to $20.

I don't know why you guys are being weird about this, if it's worth the cost to you then have at it boys. I can live without this record, it's not that big of a deal and nobody bitched and demanded that everyone boycott this release or something, just said, "Damn, no thanks."

I don't know why you guys are being weird about this, if it's worth the cost to you then have at it boys. I can live without this record, it's not that big of a deal and nobody bitched and demanded that everyone boycott this release or something, just said, "Damn, no thanks."

Oh I wasn't referring to you in particular. I'm glad you're smart enough to not buy something because the shipping is more than you want to pay. For me, usually my want for whatever I'm buying outweighs my complaints about shipping costs. Unfortunately where I live, if I want to buy records, I have to suck it up.

it's not about this record, it's about in every non-american release thread you guys cry. other way around somehow never happens.

It's not that your wrong, it's that you're wrong about the wrong thing.

the base price of a decent 1xLP vinyl pressing SHOULD be around $12 (give or take $2) USD.  And then shipping on top of that.  You could expect a non-US release to cost a few bucks more since they probably have a higher shipping cost from the manufacturer, so maybe bring the base price up $3-4.

A 2xLP is not double the price, usually 1.5 times the price (at most).

The part that is wrong isn't the shipping (well, I mean, it's terrible, but there's nothing that can be done there), it's that the standard market price is super inflated.

Combine that with international shipping costs and it goes from "Ouch, that was expensive" to "Fuck no."