[PO] We Lost The Sea - Departure Songs

I listened to maybe two songs from TQPOE and couldn't do it. 

The vocals were initially off-putting because I listened to Departure Songs first.

I've learned to not let vocals not turn me off completely, but the music didn't even make up for it for me.

I'm assuming I should push through the whole thing?

I guess I'm the odd man out because I love the vocals.  

Also, some dude on Discogs said he'd sell me his aqua blue but he seems to be waffling because he doesn't have any mailers.  I offered to send him a bunch, and now radio silence.

grrrrrrrr!!!!!   Some people are so frustrating haha

Just got my black copy of "The Quietest Place On Earth" from Grindhead Recs in Australia.

Good lord, I hope the rest of you who ordered one specifically asked for the records to be shipped outside of the jacket, otherwise I'm scared to know what shape your jacket will be in.

The dude shipped the record in a glorified manilla folder kind of thing, all floppy and taped-together. No cardboard. The plastic sleeve took a beating; it's creased and split 1/4 down the side, as did the corners of the jacket.

No seamsplits because he shipped them outside of the jacket, but man... I got the package this morning before I left for work and was like "OH NO'S!!!!"

Suuuuuuuuper super nice dude who runs the label, but wowww @ this shipping practice.

It's funny how some people value the condition of records, and some people don't.

My copy of TQPOE came today. Mine was in a cardboard envelope with tape sealing it closed. Opened to find everything in good (not excellent) shape. Just some minor creases but no huge damage to the sleave and the records in great shape. Sleave definitely saved by the 2 records encasing it. Now time to spin this bad boy....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...