PO: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven

still bummed about this album. Need to listen in high quality, but the songs are just sort of mediocre after the first half. Jason Butler part is so awful too. Ah well, knew I had to lose this band eventually

I keep hearing about the JB part but no one describes it. I can't stand him but what is his part like?

still bummed about this album. Need to listen in high quality, but the songs are just sort of mediocre after the first half. Jason Butler part is so awful too. Ah well, knew I had to lose this band eventually

I keep hearing about the JB part but no one describes it. I can't stand him but what his is part like?
He just doesn't have a good sense of melody, and it's meant to be a climax of the song and it just sounds bad. Doesn't meld well with the rest of the song.

Just got this email from Hopeless re: the splatter pre-order:

Thank you so much for your pre-order of The Wonder Years’ “No Closer To Heaven” Clear w/ Maroon/Teal/Yellow Splatter 2XLP!

Unfortunately, there has been a slight delay with our vinyl manufacturer and your order will now ship out on September 11th. We are very sorry for the delay and appreciate your understanding. We’d like to send you a digital download of the album (see link below). We will also randomly-select 2 people that are affected by the delay to receive a test pressing of No Closer To Heaven.

you like some of the songs but you've still "lost them"? i've enjoyed the singles from NCTH (haven't streamed the leak yet) and that's pretty much all that has stuck with me from suburbia. i barely listen to that album. so i'll call this one a winner so far.

they'll lose me when it's all garbage. such gold's "the new sidewalk" was unlistenable. whatever album four year strong released after "enemy of the world" was unlistenable. when it gets that bad... that's when they'll lose me.

Listened to the album for the first time with the lyrics right in front of me and I feel this is an absolute step up from TGG and by far the best thing the band has done, sonically and thematically. Lyrics are strong and emotional, moreso than previous records. There are a lot of musically intricate things going on behind the scenes that I think will get brought forward with subsequent listens. Butler's part is a little odd but I don't think it's bad, maybe just a little too crass. Have to say the production is garbage, though.

Listened to the album for the first time with the lyrics right in front of me and I feel this is an absolute step up from TGG and by far the best thing the band has done, sonically and thematically. Lyrics are strong and emotional, moreso than previous records. There are a lot of musically intricate things going on behind the scenes that I think will get brought forward with subsequent listens. Butler's part is a little odd but I don't think it's bad, maybe just a little too crass. Have to say the production is garbage, though.

For me, TGG is far above anything else they've done.  This isn't bad, just falls a little short.

agreed. the version i listened to was an early leak in iffy sound quality, so the production will at least be better than that. 

Huh.... I saw them on Warped in Pomona and they wouldn't say anything about the album besides that they were excited for it and that it was produced by the same guy who did the last 2 records (Steve Evetts)..... so what changed?

Just listened to the song with butler. GOOD GOD. What the hell were they thinking? This ft. is another testiment to how bad he is. Metal core screaming and the worst melody, timing and rythmn possible for that section.

And so far this album is pretty good except the mix+master is pretty horrendous. Still digging the singles more than anything else on here.

I got my copy today from Amazon Germany.. it is the Blue & Burgundy Swirl variant..

excited to listen to this record tonight

so great that you received it from a European retailer before the US release date.

aslo photo stolen from instagram (trentenxrobinson) (the swirl color is disappointing as always)

11849275_853971728021224_573760740_n.jpg