Deja Sleeve (Deja Entendu Slipcase) - Available NOW!

Since we're discussing artistic/legal issues, maybe you guys could elaborate on the logic behind something I've been wanting to do. 

I've been wanting to create custom inserts for several records that I want the lyrics to but didn't come with them. This is true for all the Dance Gavin Dance records and things like the new TDWP-Dear Love..../Plagues reissues etc. 

If I created and printed one just for myself would this be inappropriately using an artists work (that is, if I copied fonts/artistic themes of the original packaging)? 

Given the impossibility of shipping an insert alone without it getting destroyed, if I simply gave the file free of charge to others to order a print themselves, would this be illegal? 

Let me know what you think.

Since we're discussing artistic/legal issues, maybe you guys could elaborate on the logic behind something I've been wanting to do. 

I've been wanting to create custom inserts for several records that I want the lyrics to but didn't come with them. This is true for all the Dance Gavin Dance records and things like the new TDWP-Dear Love..../Plagues reissues etc. 

If I created and printed one just for myself would this be inappropriately using an artists work (that is, if I copied fonts/artistic themes of the original packaging)? 

Given the impossibility of shipping an insert alone without it getting destroyed, if I simply gave the file free of charge to others to order a print themselves, would this be illegal? 

I'm going with no. Giving shit away is totally fine. Just make sure that you get all the lyrics right. They couldn't realistically get upset over that. You did their job for them and are making zero profit. It's an all around win!

You can basically do anything you want if it's just for you. As for giving the file away, as long as you're not taking any money you're good.

Got one. Sweet product! Made with attention to detail and quality material.

PS: Keep it up, make more for fitting album covers. Don't stop unless you absolutely have to

thanks! I will try to! im about halfway to breaking even so we will see!

once again, you guys fucking rule.