Expired.

Dude, that video of the 1,000 people singing Learn To Fly made my eyes water. Right in the feels.

Coolest video on the entire internet fo' real. Genuinely breathtaking.

And feel better dude, nothing in the world is better than screaming your fucking guts out at a concert of a band you truly love. <3

Hi Matt!

I'm the friend from Portland that Scott Heisel mentioned above.

Before attending his wedding I did indeed drive all the way to Warren, Ohio to see the town where Dave Grohl grew up... and the ridiculous alley behind the Burger King that is dedicated to him. I have to say, it was totally worth the 2 hour round trip.

So, as a big fan of Dave and the Foo Fighters I'd like to formally throw my hat into the ring.

I've been a fan of Dave Grohl since the Nirvana days. While all the girls and boys were fawning over Kurt Cobain, I was quitely crushing over that amazingly talented drummer with the toothy smile. His sense of humor and kindess over the years has only intensified my crush. But... not in a scary way or anything. He is just the best, and I can't help but adore the man.

I don't really have a heartfelt story to share. So, I'll just tell this one:

Back in 2000 when I lived in Chicago I was unable to get tickets to the sold out Foo Fighters Halloween radio show with Queens of the Stoneage at The Metro, which I'm not sure if you know is a really small venue for a band of their size. I was heart broken and did everything I could think of to get tickets. When the radio station announced that their sponsor, Budweiser, would be holding events at bars all over the city where you could win tickets I made sure to attend every. single. one. I did some things I'm not proud of in attempt to win those tickets; and after seeing me every night one of the Budweiser reps took pity on me and gave me VIP passes to the event! The night of the show came and a friend and I went early and made sure to get barricade. The Foos came out dressed as Cheap Trick and played "Hello There", and we were front and center, so Dave Grohl was about 10 feet away! I was in heaven. Later in the set when they played "Stacked Actors" Dave started wandering around the venue with his guitar as he is known to do; climbing up into the balcony, drinking someones beer, guitar soloing on the sound board and then eventually right inbetween my friend and I at the front of the floor. We helped him over the barricade back onto the stage... and I got a handful of Dave Grohl butt.

I was super fangirling.

It was a fantastic show and worth all of my efforts.

A+++ would do it all again.

That's it.

I would never say that I deserve to see them over anyone else, but I can assure you that if you chose me I would be there singing and sweating right along with you like we were a couple of teenagers.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I don't already have a ticket to the show... it's simple... none of my Portland friends are willing to go with me, and going to a show alone is teh suck. So, at the very minimum if i could meet other Foo fans to attend future shows with, that'd be pretty cool.

Thanks for reading,

Lisa

P.S. Here is a super cool photo of me at Dave Grohl Alley attempting to do that awkward pose that guys do in front of their cars.

118kcc6.jpg

Before attending his wedding I did indeed drive all the way to Warren, Ohio to see the town where Dave Grohl grew up... and the ridiculous alley behind the Burger King that is dedicated to him. I have to say, it was totally worth the 2 hour round trip.

I live in the area. I even used to work in one of the buildings in Dave Grohl alley. (Is it even an alley when there's only a building on one side of it?) And I'm also a pretty big Foo Fighters/Grohl fan.But anyone that thinks that seeing that alley is totally worth a two hour round trip is worthy of some serious consideration.

Hi Matt!

I'm the friend from Portland that Scott Heisel mentioned above.

So, as a big fan of Dave and the Foo Fighters I'd like to formally throw my hat into the ring.

I've been a fan of Dave Grohl since the Nirvana days. While all the girls and boys were fawning over Kurt Cobain, I was quitely crushing over that amazingly talented drummer with the toothy smile. His sense of humor and kindess over the years has only intensified my crush. But... not in a scary way or anything. He is just the best, and I can't help but adore the man.

I don't really have a heartfelt story to share. So, I'll just tell this one:

Back in 2000 when I lived in Chicago I was unable to get tickets to the sold out Foo Fighters Halloween radio show with Queens of the Stoneage at The Metro, which I'm not sure if you know is a really small venue for a band of their size. I was heart broken and did everything I could think of to get tickets. When the radio station announced that their sponsor, Budweiser, would be holding events at bars all over the city where you could win tickets I made sure to attend every. single. one. I did some things I'm not proud of in attempt to win those tickets; and after seeing me every night one of the Budweiser reps took pity on me and gave me VIP passes to the event! The night of the show came and a friend and I went early and made sure to get barricade. The Foos came out dressed as Cheap Trick and played "Hello There", and we were front and center, so Dave Grohl was about 10 feet away! I was in heaven. Later in the set when they played "Stacked Actors" Dave started wandering around the venue with his guitar as he is known to do; climbing up into the balcony, drinking someones beer, guitar soloing on the sound board and then eventually right inbetween my friend and I at the front of the floor. We helped him over the barricade back onto the stage... and I got a handful of Dave Grohl butt.

I was super fangirling.

It was a fantastic show and worth all of my efforts.

A+++ would do it all again.

That's it.

I would never say that I deserve to see them over anyone else, but I can assure you that if you chose me I would be there singing and sweating right along with you like we were a couple of teenagers.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I don't already have a ticket to the show... it's simple... none of my Portland friends are willing to go with me, and going to a show alone is teh suck. So, at the very minimum if i could meet other Foo fans to attend future shows with, that'd be pretty cool.

Thanks for reading,

Lisa

P.S. Here is a super cool photo of me at Dave Grohl Alley attempting to do that awkward pose that guys do in front of their cars.

oh-my-god.gif?w=650

Hey Lisa,

Are you ready? Are you fucking ready? Are you prepared to see the best rock band in the world with arguably their biggest fan? Are you ready to get so close to that fucking stage that we will in heaven, covered in spit, sweat, piss, and dirt? Are you ready to scream your lungs out to every word we live by? Are you ready to jump up and down as we hear angels melt out fucking faces off? Are you ready to head bang until our unworthy necks snap right the fuck off?

I ask you, are you ready? Cause you're fucking going with me, mother fucker!

This is going to be us:

tumblr_lxkyygzqda1r9boalo1_400.gif?w=650tumblr_lxkyygzqda1r9boalo1_400.gif?w=650

Let's touch base somehow and talk over the details. That and just nerd the fuck out over some Foo.

You can message me and we can figure out the best way to go about doing that. 

All the best, the best, the best, the best,

// Matt

I live in the area. I even used to work in one of the buildings in Dave Grohl alley. (Is it even an alley when there's only a building on one side of it?) And I'm also a pretty big Foo Fighters/Grohl fan.But anyone that thinks that seeing that alley is totally worth a two hour round trip is worthy of some serious consideration.

Aww, man. Don't dis my shitty Graceland.

tumblr_mqti1olJ6w1rjhvs8o1_500.gif

Hey Lisa,

Are you ready? Are you fucking ready? Are you prepared to see the best rock band in the world with arguably their biggest fan? Are you ready to get so close to that fucking stage that we will in heaven, covered in spit, sweat, piss, and dirt? Are you ready to scream your lungs out to every word we live by? Are you ready to jump up and down as we hear angels melt out fucking faces off? Are you ready to head bang until our unworthy necks snap right the fuck off?

I ask you, are you ready? Cause you're fucking going with me, mother fucker!

Let's touch base somehow and talk over the details. That and just nerd the fuck out over some Foo.

You can message me and we can figure out the best way to go about doing that. 

All the best, the best, the best, the best,

// Matt

Matt,

I was born fucking ready!

So, being a n00b on this site I'm not sure how to contact you. Should we exchange email addresses? Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Carrier pigeon?

Let's do this!

large.gif

-Lisa

Aww, man. Don't dis my shitty Graceland.

tumblr_mqti1olJ6w1rjhvs8o1_500.gif

Matt,

I was born fucking ready!

So, being a n00b on this site I'm not sure how to contact you. Should we exchange email addresses? Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Carrier pigeon?

Let's do this!

large.gif

-Lisa

Lisa,

Seriously? Come on. Obviously we are using smoke signals. 

// Matt

39zsx.jpg