Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Hello, Santa. I'm Rachel.  

28 // f // Texas -- I'm a quiet person who mostly hates everyone. You're cool though, Santa. Thanks in advance for everything you send.

HEAR | instrumental {glitch, post-rock, math-rock, post-metal, idm, trip-hop, instrumental hip-hop, ambient, but no drone} -- My taste for all other genres is pretty scattered.

SEE | Archer - ATHF - Rick and Morty - Parks & Recreation - South Park - Invader Zim - Daria - Beavis & Butthead. Boondock Saints and Closer. Books on almost anything except romance novels.

TASTE | Annie's gummy rabbits & salted caramels.  

SMELL | Farts.  TOUCH | Butts.

FANGIRL | Bo Burnham, Tim Kasher, Elliott Smith,  Andy Warhol, TRON.

MISC My Amazon wish list basically consists of a million books and camping supplies/gear. I tear through green tea and honey, my sense of humor is dark/dry and I find nothing offensive, I collect postcards and 35mm cameras, practice yoga, color in adult coloring books, incense > candles. Local goodies from other places are cool. I like prints, but own next to none. Beer is good. Coffee is good.

Sorry this is long. Make something, and have fun putting this together, dude or dudette. Anything you send is going to be awesome.

Ian, early 30’s, I live in a small beach community just south of Los Angeles and am heavily tattooed.
I'm a huge hockey fan, but specifically love the LA Kings. 
I’m pretty heavily into backpacking, hiking, camping and just about anything outdoors and am addicted to filming w/ my GoPro.
I'm a dog lover and own a Shiba Inu named Rosie.
I love to cook. I have a large art collection, a lot of it coming from the tattoo culture.
My music interests are pretty eclectic but my favorite bands always end up staying Rancid, Lucero, Deftones & New Found Glory. I also love 80s and early 90s hip hop and recently have been on a big classic rock kick. I work for Pure Noise so please don’t send me any of those releases.
I’m big on keeping my haircut clean and tight and my preferred brand of pomade is Suavecito.
Heres my tradelist https://deadformat.n...elist/ianmonsta& heres my Instagram incase you need to know more about myself and my interests http://instagram.com/ianrees

Hi, call me Dav. I'm 18, male, and live on the southern border to Mexico. Being Hispanic is pretty cool cus of all the food and parties, but one thing I'd say that is a bummer is that since I live so far down here, musicians and artists (especially independent) rarely come down. Not complaining though there is still a great local scene.

I'm not into sports all that much but I am into skateboarding, not even close to being a professional. I dig clothing and fashion a lot especially street wear even if it does cost a pretty penny sometimes. Another thing about me that I am proud of is collecting (besides vinyl of course) "vintage" items especially polaroid cameras, super 8 cameras, walkmans, vhs recorders and players so if you have any of those you'd like to give away, I'm your dude.

Music wise I've been playing drums for a couple of years and would like to learn to play guitar. My favorite bands are probably The Smiths, Nothing, Whirr, Deafheaven, and Cold Cave which means I'm into lots of shoegaze, new wave, lots of other rock/punk and especially hardcore of the late 90s-now. Also a BIG fan of Orchid Tapes and related indie pop releases such as Alex G, Elvis D, Ricky Eat Acid etc.

Hey I'm Dani (or Danielle). I'm going to be more brief than last year haha. I'm 27, gonna be 28 on Halloween. I live in a coastal town north of Boston. I enjoy the Bruins (sometimes <_< ) but have more love for the Red Wings. I only really enjoy hockey and baseball. I'm an office manager at an engineering firm, though I know nothing about engineering.

I think my favorite bands are obvious from my discogs list. Currently, I've been really into Copeland, From Indian Lakes, and Pentagram.

I love horror movies, shows, and books. I bought a nook earlier this year so I've been trying to read more often. Also bought a ps4 so I've been playing Batman, Last of Us, & Destiny. I'm really looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront, Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Final Fantasy 7 remake.

I don't drink beer, but I do enjoy ciders. Trying a new cider local-to-santa would be neat.

I'm Paul. I'm 28. I live in Chicago.

In the past year I got married and bought a house. I sold off most of my records to fund my new lifestyle.

In the winter I enjoy snowboardering. In the summer I enjoy running. I will be running my third marathon in October.

I like the art of JC Rivera and Wesley Willis.

If you want to get me vinyl anything from Dead By 23 Records would be awesome. They aren't in operation so check the secondary market.

I am a size large.

Other hobbies are baseball cards and Magic the gathering.

I go to a lot of live concerts, standup comedy, and sporting events. Favorite teams are Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks, and Indiana Hoosiers.

I drink.

That should help.

Names Adam, I live in SC.

Im a Bartender by day and Promoter by night. I love Punk. Bands Ive been listening to most recently. Beach Slang (have a complete collection), Smoke or Fire, Tsunami Bomb (would kill for some of there stuff to own), No Use for A name, Lagwagon, The Lawrence Arms, and mainly JAWBREAKER AND JETS TO BRAZIL

Im a big Gamer. XBOX 1 and PS4. I play Destiny like its my job, also Halo, and Borderlands! Also play some older consoles and handhelds.

I do love sports also. Patriots, Bruins, Red Sox !

And of course Im a Marvel fan.

Looking forward to this year! Its always a blast!

Well, I probably should post one of these, so here goes.

My name's Dominic. I live in Chandler AZ, and have for about 10 years or so. I got into "the hobby" (:P) about a year ago and am really glad I did because it led me to the forum which has not only let me meet a bunch of you cool people but also majorly broadened my tastes in music. The only kinds of music I don't tend to really enjoy are whateverthefuck you want to call the new pop music that comes on the radio, country (though I really enjoy Ryan Adam's country stuff), and jazz (though I do really enjoy a lot of jazz influenced stuff), but pretty much anything is fair game. I'm not really picky, so if there's something you love that you think I'd like based on my trade list, send me that. Surprises are fun, and odds are I'll like it. If you're looking for a more specific idea though, recently I've been on a ISIS/Neurosis kick, and am looking for some black/death metal records (really looking for a non pic-disc Tomb of the Mutilated), been rocking the Bayside S/T a lot lately as well, so stuff in that style is good with me, and the Ryan Adams stuff I don't have would be nice but it's all expensive so I don't expect it :P

Haven't done secret santa on here before, but I'm really looking forward to it. Working on putting a package together for my SS, hope they'll enjoy. Thanks in advance to Santa, and thanks as well to those who spent so much time organizing this. Merry Christmas in September :)

Hello all. I'm Ronnie, a 32 year old writer of sad bastard music.

Things I dig:

-Americana/Country/Folk music in the vein of Jason Isbell, Ryan Adams, John Moreland, Lucero, The Gaslight Antem, etc

-old punk rock- The Clash, The Ramones, The Misfits

-new punk rock- Red City Radio, Against Me

-sludge/doom/black metal- Pallbearer, Deafheaven, The Great Old Ones, Year of no Light, Baroness, etc

-booze- specifically bourbon

-comic books- batman, image, anything horror

-art- like Ian, because I'm heavily tattooed, the bulk of the art on my walls is tattoo focused

-Boston Red Sox

Honestly, I'm not a picky dude. I really do love just about everything, especially if I know it's coming from a sentimental place. You can find me on Instagram: ronniegwilliams

Let's party!

Well, I probably should post one of these, so here goes.

My name's Dominic. I live in Chandler AZ, and have for about 10 years or so. I got into "the hobby" (:P) about a year ago and am really glad I did because it led me to the forum which has not only let me meet a bunch of you cool people but also majorly broadened my tastes in music. The only kinds of music I don't tend to really enjoy are whateverthefuck you want to call the new pop music that comes on the radio, country (though I really enjoy Ryan Adam's country stuff), and jazz (though I do really enjoy a lot of jazz influenced stuff), but pretty much anything is fair game. I'm not really picky, so if there's something you love that you think I'd like based on my trade list, send me that. Surprises are fun, and odds are I'll like it. If you're looking for a more specific idea though, recently I've been on a ISIS/Neurosis kick, and am looking for some black/death metal records (really looking for a non pic-disc Tomb of the Mutilated), been rocking the Bayside S/T a lot lately as well, so stuff in that style is good with me, and the Ryan Adams stuff I don't have would be nice but it's all expensive so I don't expect it :P

Haven't done secret santa on here before, but I'm really looking forward to it. Working on putting a package together for my SS, hope they'll enjoy. Thanks in advance to Santa, and thanks as well to those who spent so much time organizing this. Merry Christmas in September :)

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I'm a huge anime nerd. Favorites of mine include Mirai Nikki, DxD (see avatar), NouCome, and almost anything in the style of those.

I'm Earl. I live in Seattle but I'm moving to Portland soon (you'll be updated with a new shipping address once I have one). Here are a few things I really like. 

Sports: Astros, Broncos, Nuggets (from Texas and lived in Denver for a long time)

Movies: Donnie Darko, Seven, Memento, Hot Rod, and lots of other stuff

TV: Lost is my fav show (maybe my fav anything) of all time, I still watch old Captain Planet episodes

Podcasts: I'm a big podcast listener. Comedy Bang Bang, Doug Loves Movies, U Talkin' U2 To Me?, How Did This Get Made, and lots of NPR stuff are my main shows.

Books/Comics: I like nonfiction books about science/math/statistics. I read a fair amount of comics, so if you're into them feel free to send me something you love that might not be on my radar.

Music: Typical VC stuff (see my tradelist, but know that it hasn't been updated in a significant amount of time. Give me a week or so and I'll have it current). Feel free to send me something you love and that I might not have heard of.

Food/Drink: I'm mostly a beer drinker (especially Christmas beer, so if you got a local place that does a special Christmas brew, then that's right up my alley)

Hopefully this gives you some ideas, and don't feel like you have to check every box.

I'm simply, AJ.

New York born and raised. Last ten years of my 34 years on this Earth have been spent in North Carolina educating the youth of tomorrow. I have a rad wife, a little girl (4) who worships My Little Pony, and two dogs Ramona (9) and Houston (10). I stole Earl's formatting below. 

Sports: Syracuse, Arizona Cardinals (NFL) - I know, I know. 

Movies: I used to watch TV and Movies...then I met my wife and had a daughter...they took that over. 

TV: See above...

Books/Comics: Being a teacher, I have more books than I care to count. However, Ugly Things is probably my favorite music magazine. Long time subscriber. 

Music: All over the place. 60's garage (No Beatles...I don't do the Beatles). Early/Modern Punk, Ska, Indie, etc. My list shows what I enjoy (Discogs is up to date concerning Modern and Deadformat is up to date for 60's through 80's). Slowly moving everything to Discogs. Favorite bands - Rx Bandits, Less than Jake, Fake Problems, Anything Jeff Rosenstock, Clash, Ramones, Limbeck, Restorations, Against Me, Copeland, Asian Man, No Idea, etc. 

Food/Drink: Beer and Whiskey. 

Hobbies: I build and create things all the time...DIY I guess. I have a Jukebox that I enjoy out in the garage. Love anything old. Grew up in an antique town, so rusty old things interest me. Classic Cars, Hot Rods, Etc. Grew up in a family mechanics...so been around automobiles my whole life. My prom ride was a 1949 Ford F1...forget limos, they can't even do good donuts. 

Hey Santa! I'm a little boring, sorry.

My name is Dominic (don't confuse me with Rezqua--contrary to popular belief, we are not the same person) and I've lived in Pittsburgh since I was two.

I'm still in high school (junior) and I take a few AP classes so the vast majority of my time nowadays is dedicated to homework. Otherwise, I'm listening to music, whether it be digital or on my turntable. I play electric guitar in the rest of my free time, but I'm self-taught and play by ear; I can't read music.

I no longer have time to do any pleasure reading because of all the books I read for AP English, so I kinda have to leave the "books" category blank.

I don't give a fuck about sports. I don't mind playing basketball with my friends, but watching them bores me to tears.

Movies? Uhh...not a big movie guy either. I'm more into TV.

I currently watch a lot of "kids' shows" like Regular Show, Gravity Falls, and Steven Universe (which is my favorite show currently airing). other current shows I watch include Rick & Morty, The Soup, Last Comic Standing, and my local news because, again, I'm kinda boring. My favorites of the past are 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, and Scrubs (all-time favorite).

My tradelist is pretty indicative of the kind of music I listen to. Foo Fighters will always be my favorite just because of the influence they've had on my life, no matter how much my musical taste evolves. The only stuff not on my list that is worth mentioning is System of a Down, which isn't worth owning on vinyl in the pic disc format (nor do I need to spend $75-$100 on a Toxicity).

If you're stuck and need an idea, my wantlist is always up to date, but I have no qualms with someone who likes to get creative with things :)

If you plan on giving me any kind of food item, don't I'm allergic to milk, eggs, nuts, and seafood, which covers so much ground that even my parents don't know what to feed me some nights. Nothing against any idea you may have, but I'm impossible to get food for. 

I used to be more into video games than I am now...I was an achievement hunter on X360. I kinda shifted all my interest towards music/record collecting when I first began The Hobby

Also, protip to all: When you look at someone's profile, browse on incognito to avoid having to sign out and sign back in  ;)

Them: Got my SS. No want list and ~50 records in the collection spread across multiple genres, but mostly containing Wonder Years. He will now learn to love metal.

Me: I am old and set in my ways. Surprise me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things i like: Hot Water Music, old Metallica, Mission of Burma, Turtles, Gang of Four, Bl'ast, Killing Joke, Fresh Air, Hogchokers, Joy Division, Milemarker, Game of Thrones, Japanese prints, NPR, Power Trip, Red Dawn, Sandwiches, Battlestar Galactica, Ringworm, Finding Snakes, carbs, Sudoku, Savages, Children of Men, Brushing My Teeth, Kittens, Swiz, iced tea, Life's Blood, Shudder to Think, comma splices, Tom Waits, Embrace, Roky Erickson, sweet late summer peaches, Erik Larson, The great State of New Jersey, Lifetime, Perspex Flesh, Vietnamese Food, the past, Give….

Things I don’t like: The J Giles Band; driving around for parking; Pears; Blue Cheese; new things; skinny jeans; new Metallica; the girl who laughs rather annoyingly down the hall; jerks, jerkstains and touchholes; people who don’t use their blinker; Freeze Frame; vomit……..

*I'm in the waiting room at my doctor's office so why not post away!*

This is my first SS and I'm very excited! I'm sort of a humbug around Christmas because 'fuck the man' blah blah blah, but this is a delight!

My name is Brian. I'm 29 and from Wilkes-Barre, PA (Kingston to be specific). I live with my girlfriend of 3 years and her 8 year old daughter. Still wrapping my head around parenting too. For the past 7 years I've worked as a inventory/materials lead at a large mailorder pharmacy that starts with a C and ends with an S. The hours are 3pm to 1:30am so naturally I'm a night owl, but I get a 3 day weekend! I stopped eating meat over a year ago after seeing too many documentaries and having a general distaste for it. I recently went dairy free too. Vegan time! I'll never force that on anyone though or think higher of myself for that decision. Also, as I get older, I'm more disoriented and feel as I am losing my mind, but it may just be an inner ear infection (that appointment is tomorrow). The fucking bills that will be coming next month.

I'm Billy (shocking, I know), I'm from Philadelphia, but now I live in NYC. I'm a huge Philadelphia sports fan (mainly the Phillies). I have wanderlust and I love things from other places, so if there's anything small that sets your hometown apart, I am a nerd for such stuff. 

Music wise I like a lot of different stuff stuff, pretty much any jazz except smooth jazz, midwest 90's emo (and emo revival stuff), Brand New, Manchester Orchestra, stuff like that, Gaslight Anthem, The Menzingers, punk stuff like NOFX/Fat Wreck, I am also a big Drive Thru era pop punk fan, 60's garage rock fan (mainly The Zombies) and I am crazy for anything Blake Schwarzenbach, The Replacements/Paul Westerberg, Mark Kozelek,The Descendents/ALL, Pedro the Lion, recently I have been listening to a bunch of Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, I also like really spacey post rock stuff, yada yada yada, I generally have an open mind about stuff. My tradelist will give you an idea of the stuff that I am into.

I like movies, stuff like Wes Anderson, Kevin Smith, then pretty much anything with Michael Cera, Kat Dennings, Anton Yelchin, etc (coming of age indie films get me right in the feels). I read a lot, I generally lkeep an open mind about fiction stuff, as long as it isn't some sappy romance thing like those books you see in K-Mart. I'm also really into French literature and French language stuff in general. I also like reading comic books, but I have been slacking on grabbing new ones lately because I've been so busy.

I like late 80s/90s cartoon stuff. Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, Batman the Animated Series.

Lastly, I love art. I myself am not a visual artist, but I love different types of art. I have a ton of show prints and screen printed posters and stuff, I can never get enough. I have been digging sugar skulls and old school tattoo art lately. Vintage looking tattoo art and stuff, or really anything 40's-50's looking is right up my alley. I also love stickers, especially from record stores across the country.

So yeah, I am pretty much across the board. You don't have to worry too much about me. I am sure that I'll dig whatever I wind up with!

I'm Brock. I'm 29 (turn 30 in November). I'm a mail carrier for everyone's favorite place, The USPS! (Please don't get me anything postal related haha)

I live in Kewanee, IL which is about 35 minutes from the Quad Cities (which is the hometown of WWE superstar Seth "freakin" Rollins). About 45 minutes from Peoria, IL and 2 Hours from Chicago.

Mostly into Punk Rock, Punk Pop, Punk, Whatever the fuck you want to call it. My tradelist is in my signature if you want more specifics.

I dig some TV shows and movies. Favorite show of all time is probably Seinfeld. I also dig The League, Breaking Bad, Homeland, Ray Donovan. Moviewise, I love Kevin Smith stuff. Mallrats is up there in my all time favorites.

I'm straight edge. Not one of those douchebag straight edgers though, I have no problem with whatever anyone chooses to do. We're all adults here.

Sports wise, I'm a fan of the Boston Red Sox, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Chicago Bulls.

I have two English Bulldogs that I love to death. A 6 year old named Banksy and a 2 year old named Vinnie.

I could eat Sushi everyday.

Huge pro wrestling fan.

Hope that gives my secret santa a good idea!

Ok, I'm Mike

I'm old. 

With that said, i don't have many hobbies. I work 60h weeks, so my free time is on netflix (no chill :( ) watching "aw & order: svu" and sleeping. my one day off is pretty much hanging around vape shops trying to find something interesting to buy or not. 

Favorite Movies: Caddyshack, and the films of PT Anderson, David Mamet, and Jane Campion (someone buy me TITUS on blu ray dammit).  i watch mostly a lot of comedies but love history documentaries. 

Music: I love everything to an extent. I listen to mostly pop-punk, but not the kinds of bands that would play warp tour. , more to the tune of Crimpshrine, Sweet Baby, Iron Chic, Banner Pilot, and bands of that nature. I like Metal as well. bands like Manilla Road, Slayer, Savatage. Metal Church, Dio, Sabbath, Motorhead,  the biggest bands i collect are The Replacements, Elvis Costello, and Super chunk

Hobbies: None...no time.

Ok, I'm Mike

I'm old.

With that said, i don't have many hobbies. I work 60h weeks, so my free time is on netflix (no chill :( ) watching "aw & order: svu" and sleeping. my one day off is pretty much hanging around vape shops trying to find something interesting to buy or not.

Favorite Movies: Caddyshack, and the films of PT Anderson, David Mamet, and Jane Campion (someone buy me TITUS on blu ray dammit). i watch mostly a lot of comedies but love history documentaries.

Music: I love everything to an extent. I listen to mostly pop-punk, but not the kinds of bands that would play warp tour. , more to the tune of Crimpshrine, Sweet Baby, Iron Chic, Banner Pilot, and bands of that nature. I like Metal as well. bands like Manilla Road, Slayer, Savatage. Metal Church, Dio, Sabbath, Motorhead, the biggest bands i collect are The Replacements, Elvis Costello, and Super chunk

Hobbies: None...no time.

TITUS?

519ASTS1YXL.jpg

Hello! I'm Nic and I'm 27. I live in Southern California (the IE for now, planning to move south into northern Orange County next year) with my wife and our daughter (she'll be turning one on 11/4).

Some of my favorite bands are The Chariot, '68, mewithoutYou, Thrice/Dustin Kensrue, Andrew McMahon and his bands, Jenny Lewis and her bands, and Zao. Lately I've been really into Foxing, Bandit, Field Mouse, See Through Dresses and other stuff like that. I like going to shows - I'll be going to Taste of Chaos, Caspian, Opeth, mewithoutYou, Armor For Sleep, and Dustin Kensrue in the next few months.

My wife and I are Disney annual pass holders, so of course we like all things Disney and we enjoy spending time there. I'm a sucker for Disney prints and artwork (and band prints and posters too) so we probably already have way more things than we really need. My favorite Disney movies are The Emperor's New Groove and UP.

Favorite tv shows include Archer (duh), Bob's Burgers, Arrested Development, Scrubs, MasterChef, a lot of Food Network shows, Seinfeld, Tonight Show aaaaand other things that I can't think of right now. I watch a lot of wrestling. I might be going to Hell in a Cell, we'll see.

I love Wes Anderson movies (Fantastic Mr. Fox is my fav) and lot of dumb movies like Bill and Ted, Wayne's World, and Joe Dirt. We don't go to the movies often (last saw Jurassic World) so it's Netflix for us.

I am a Dodgers, Clippers, Chargers, and Ducks fan, although I really follow baseball and basketball over everything else. I have been to 13 different baseball stadiums (5 this year) and several different arenas for basketball games. Traveling for work helps me get around :).

I wish I could skate or surf or do anything cool. When we go out we like to visit breweries (Dale Bros. is within walking distance when it's not 100F out), go to D-Land, or find some delicious foods to eat. Not very exciting, but I love my life and the people in it.

Oh! My birthday is 12/23! I've always loved Christmas time because it's also my birthday time and people are usually in good spirits. I'm looking forward to finding cool stuff for my recipient and hopefully getting some neat stuff from my Santa. I value creativity and unique fun stuff when it comes to gifts, but I'll certainly be happy with anything I get. Wouldn't mind trying some local beers or other local food items you think would be worth trying!

It took me an hour to write this because I've been chasing around my daughter. Fatherhood!