Amazon Prime dropping to 67 Dollars on 9/25. One day only.

Papercup

For those of you who havn't upgraded to amazon prime by now, you might want to jump on this deal this coming Friday.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/22/amazon-prime-memberships-drop-to-67-on-friday-only/

"This morning, the online retailer has a new gimmick – its dropping the price for Amazon Prime to just $67 in a one-day sale starting on Friday, September 25th at 12:01 AM ET, and ending at 11:59 PM PT."

Prime Video and Prime music are both awesome

If I could dump my library into their cloud like I do with Google Play Music I'd probably switch to Prime Music. I have it, I just don't use it.

Their original programming has gotten better. Hopefully the make series out of both Peeky Blinders and Casanova.

also worth it if you share/split your account; i know my fiancee shares hers with her parents, siblings and siblings-in-law. they each pay like $11 and all benefit from the free shipping all year.

edit: also, i tried the prime 30-day trial and quit before it automatically enrolled me, and when i go back to "try prime," amazon offers it to me at half off ($49). so it may be worth trying for someone else.

I'm in Canada and have Amazon Student free for 3 months, which is the same as prime, but at a discount. All I had to do was type in my school email. It's not even the email linked to my account though, so realistically anyone can get the free 3 month trial of you know an email being used by someone going to school.

video streaming is worth it alone. u can't get a year of netflix for $67.

I wouldn't go that far, the only person who really uses their streaming service in our home is our 4 year old daughter. Team Umi Zoomi and shit. Otherwise there's nothing really worth watching on there. I'm hopeful their original programming will continue to improve. That Rob Delaney show is pretty funny.

I don't own a computer. I use my Blu-Ray Netflix App for streaming Netflix. I don't ever order anything off of Amazon that isn't used product from a seller....if Prime gave free shipping across the board i might bite. I heard Prime-Day was filled with useless bullshit. Also...why the one lump-sum payment instead of being able to divvy it up over the year? If I made more money and had more to spend on useless shit I didn't need is be all over this.

I'm fine with my Netflix, I rarely order anything from Amazon to begin with, and I can't imagine any of that changing within the next 12 months....I damn know I'm not going to magically start making exponentially more money to justify a purchase like this.

I'm in Canada and have Amazon Student free for 3 months, which is the same as prime, but at a discount. All I had to do was type in my school email. It's not even the email linked to my account though, so realistically anyone can get the free 3 month trial of you know an email being used by someone going to school.

I did this for a while, then it was half off for 2 years after. This was before they had video streaming though.

also worth it if you share/split your account; i know my fiancee shares hers with her parents, siblings and siblings-in-law. they each pay like $11 and all benefit from the free shipping all year.

edit: also, i tried the prime 30-day trial and quit before it automatically enrolled me, and when i go back to "try prime," amazon offers it to me at half off ($49). so it may be worth trying for someone else.

I read somewhere that they changed their account sharing to be strictly within a single household. They did it without telling anyone and so as account renewals come up shared accounts outside of a single household will be canceled. Am I crazy or did this happen? If so, this would be a good option if you're on a shared account (like me).

I read somewhere that they changed their account sharing to be strictly within a single household. They did it without telling anyone and so as account renewals come up shared accounts outside of a single household will be canceled. Am I crazy or did this happen? If so, this would be a good option if you're on a shared account (like me).

I think its still avail. The account has a primary ship address but I still think you can select other addresses as "gifts"

right. this is essentially what my fiancee and her family does, as far as i know -- although i can't say for certain because i don't go check the order history or anything. i know there are like eight different cards and addresses on the account, though. they're not too discreet about it.

right. this is essentially what my fiancee and her family does, as far as i know -- although i can't say for certain because i don't go check the order history or anything. i know there are like eight different cards and addresses on the account, though. they're not too discreet about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/03/technology/amazon-household-prime-sharing-changes/

New prime accounts can only be shared with one adult per household. Up to four children can be added to the account and they can have their own book, video, and music libraries, but cannot make purchases. Existing accounts are grandfathered in until account renewal.

My wife and I share an account with her parents and brother. We will be getting our own account on Friday.

The machine wins again.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/03/technology/amazon-household-prime-sharing-changes/

New prime accounts can only be shared with one adult per household. Up to four children can be added to the account and they can have their own book, video, and music libraries, but cannot make purchases. Existing accounts are grandfathered in until account renewal.

My wife and I share an account with her parents and brother. We will be getting our own account on Friday.

The machine wins again.

ah, got it. gotta admit, it's smart on their part. although i'm surprised they hadn't tried addressing it earlier.

my fiancee's account renewed automatically about a month ago... not sure what happened after!

ah, got it. gotta admit, it's smart on their part. although i'm surprised they hadn't tried addressing it earlier.

my fiancee's account renewed automatically about a month ago... not sure what happened after!

If it was before whatever day they secretly changed the rules (late August I believe) then she is grandfathered in for another year. Our shared account is up in December, just in time for all of the Christmas shopping I'm sure we will be doing on Amazon. For me, the sale tomorrow is worth it.

If it was before whatever day they secretly changed the rules (late August I believe) then she is grandfathered in for another year. Our shared account is up in December, just in time for all of the Christmas shopping I'm sure we will be doing on Amazon. For me, the sale tomorrow is worth it.

haha she renewed late august. must've baaaaaaaarely made it