PO -The Dillinger Escape Plan - First 3 Albums

You should support original, creative releases versus uninspired packaging because this vinyl bubble is quickly sucking the life out of the literal endless possibilities for any pressing.

I - for one - would pay extra for anything that isn't in a standard jacket (or standard gatefold) for pretty much any release in my collection.

I liked the sleeve on the original pressing, but. I was always worried I'd rip it any time is handle it. The packaging was neat, but I sold it and that covered the cost of all of the EU reissues, so that was nice.

Everything came today (finally.) It all seems pretty good, but the records were shipped outside of the sleeves, which I thought was kinda weird.

This is the right way to ship a record. Avoids getting split seams on the jacket.

I wish more online stores did this even if it means un-sealing it or we should at least have the choice.

I had once asked a seller on eBay to unseal it and ship the record outside the sleeve. He didn't want to. When I got the record the sleeve of course had split seams.

This is the right way to ship a record. Avoids getting split seams on the jacket.

I wish more online stores did this even if it means un-sealing it or we should at least have the choice.

I had once asked a seller on eBay to unseal it and ship the record outside the sleeve. He didn't want to. When I got the record the sleeve of course had split seams.

I try to request it from every place I order from.  I wish it was the standard.  Most labels that I order from seem to do it when requested though.  It's worth the few seconds it takes to ask.

Can we get more comments on the sound quality? These turned out to be more expensive in my local record store (in Europe) than I hoped for. How much inner groove distortion these have?

I listened to Calculating and Miss Machine earlier today, I didn't have any problem with IGD on either one. I had an extra amount of dust on the euro presses (similar to the PVC dust common with "haze" color records) but nothing a few passes with a brush couldn't take care of.

These actually sound really good in my opinion, there was definitely a good effort put into remastering these for vinyl.

Granted, its been a while since I've really "listened" to Calculating, but there was a lot on the new press (silver) that I don't remember hearing on the album. Beyond just being pretty dirty out of the sleeve, it sounded pretty good, I didn't notice any distortion, but the entire album just seemed clearer and cleaner than I remember it. It's weird, maybe it's the remaster, maybe it's my memory, but it just didn't have the aggression and punch that I recall. It sounds good, but different, to me.