PO: HERB ALPERT - WHIPPED CREAM AND OTHER DELIGHTS LP

kurtz

It'll sell because all these bullshit "remastered from the original original super original master tapes in an all analog environment on equipment that hasn't been used since 1971 and pressed on 9,000,000 gram extra ultra never seen the sun quadruple virgin vinyl at a triple secret pressing plant in Mauritius where there no are environmental laws to keep them from doing it the way it was done in the really good old days, and housed in a 27" thick cardboard slip case made from old growth redwood super board, with a hand-tipped on spot varnished offset printed cover, made using the original negative and hand numbered in a minute edition by the grandson of the original cover model, who is sadly long-dead."

$85. Sold out by Xmas.

Every release should have this as a description! Made me piss my pants in laughter!

Lemme know when they start repressing Engleburt Humperdink's catalog

Over here when we get to Max Bygraves and Perry Como then truly the end of the world is upon us, although Engelbert is British so I suppose we'd better take some responsibility for that.

On another note I keep seeing pictures of Whipped Cream popping up on Facebook and other online vinyl newbie haunts with the new owners congratulating themselves on their thrift store digging prowess. Riveting.

I assume this digging prowess would go something like:

Walk into thrift store

Mill about for a bit looking casual and hirsute

Saunter over to the used records

Surreptitiously select one of the many copies of whipped cream

Peruse the cover for a bit nodding and looking knowledgeable

Walk over to the cash register looking like the cat that got the cream, literally

Pay your 50c with a theatrical flourish

depart from said thrift store with a smug grin

prepare photo and internet gloating

Even with that many steps in a really really big Goodwill it can't take that much effort to pick up a good condition original pressing of this.

I remember my grandmother telling me she had tickets to see him and I laughed till I cried because I refused to believe someone was not only named Englebert, but had the last name Humperdink.

It's the sort of name you'd get in trouble for calling someone in school, until the teacher finds out it's real and then apologizes profusely.

If I owned a record store, I would put this out with all 432 used copies (marked at $1) that came with purchased collections and if anyone tried to buy the new one I'd ask them to leave. Then I would chase them down outside and apologize, pleading with them to return and buy anything else and I'd give them a used copy (or 5) for free. Customer for life.

If I owned a record store, I would put this out with all 432 used copies (marked at $1) that came with purchased collections and if anyone tried to buy the new one I'd ask them to leave. Then I would chase them down outside and apologize, pleading with them to return and buy anything else and I'd give them a used copy (or 5) for free. Customer for life.

See now I can't get the image of a grown man chasing me down the street shouting and waving a copy of Whipped Cream in his hand out of my head.

I'd better not have any cheese today or that's tonight's strange dream sorted

Ah fuck didn't realize someone already made the Humperdink joke.

I remember my grandmother telling me she had tickets to see him and I laughed till I cried because I refused to believe someone was not only named Englebert, but had the last name Humperdink.

princessbride16.jpg

Why'd you say that name? You promised you'd never say that name!

It's about time! Now if they'd finally reissue Billy Joel 52nd Street and Doobie Brothers Captain and Me, my collection will finally be complete. I'd say Fleedwood Mac Rumours belongs here too, but someone FINALLY reissued that one.

I was gonna make a Billy Joel joke when I first saw this thread, but I can totally see his stuff being reissued on 180g for RSD someday so I bit my tongue.

It's about time! Now if they'd finally reissue Billy Joel 52nd Street and Doobie Brothers Captain and Me, my collection will finally be complete. I'd say Fleedwood Mac Rumours belongs here too, but someone FINALLY reissued that one.

I dunno man, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is one of the greatest pop albums of all time. It actually has been rereleased several times in the past bunch of years, even though it's almost always available for cheap. The only similarity it has to Herb, Billy, and the Doobs is their Goodwilliness.