Brand New - Leaked Demos 2006 (12/04/15)?!?

this outta get my kid through at least two semesters of college.

thanks Brand New! (80's kid wearing bright green hat turning to camera to give thumbs up)

"but dad, i want to go to school for FOUR years"

"Dont worry honey, I also have a Deja pressing, the linear book...." "Take your time."

People ITT have said they don't even have decks but still bought it lol, I'm sure those numbers grow much larger outside of this community.

Yeah...I actually just read on reddit a dude who ordered the demos and deja vinyl. He said he has no way to play either. :/ So, that's one way to burn like $42.

also i tried reading the ap.net thread on this and got 2 pages in before i had to close it. i cannot take the stupid.

I just had to make that mistake as well for shits and giggles...here are some of my fave posts there:

"Why are tapes a thing?"

"I don't know why I ordered one. I don't even have a cd player let along a fucking cassette player."

"And at least buying the tape, even if you never listen to it, gives the band some money for the songs."

"I like cassettes for the unique lofi sound they produce. Brings me back to my childhood listening to Billy Joel tapes on my boombox. I can't say they are great beyond just a novelty of yesateryear now. So like most people in here, bought because fandom."

"Here's an unpopular opinion: Modern Cassettes are often more pleasing to my ear than Vinyl. ***NOT ALWAYS*** but often. A lot of Vinyl, especially things Epitaph and most Major Labels have been pressing, sounds like garbage. Cassettes, while not necessarily superior in fidelity, are consistent. This should be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as I have a very nice setup for listening to vinyl and cassettes, and most people's "passable" sounds like shit to me, so there's that. But yeah, I'm usually pretty happy with Cassettes."

:rolleyes: 

I don't have a tape deck and bought one. I figure the cost of this thing is the cost of a digital download and I get a tape. It gives me time to look for a second hand deck at a thrift shop.

At least you are putting in the effort and have some concept of analogue audio. Hit up a Goodwill or the like and you can get a decent one for the cost of the actual cassette.

Also, for shits and giggles, I searched the Bay for this cassette and remarkably returned no results. 

Good on you BN fanbase, at least waiting a day to flip it.

Now if we could just get lyric books...

17 people "have" this on its Discogs listing. 

Lucky bastards. ;)

Oh also, PMT customer service says there is more "cool" stuff coming in the near future, but they cannot say when or what.

Also x2, CVHX, can we get a demosleeve©  with only Leatherface's face and "DEMOS" showing?

Thanks.

17 people "have" this on its Discogs listing. 

Lucky bastards. ;)

Oh also, PMT customer service says there is more "cool" stuff coming in the near future, but they cannot say when or what.

Also x2, CVHX, can we get a demosleeve©  with only Leatherface's face and "DEMOS" showing?

Thanks.

yeah. theyre gonna cost just as much as the tape though. hope thats cool.

I don't have a tape deck and bought one. I figure the cost of this thing is the cost of a digital download and I get a tape. It gives me time to look for a second hand deck at a thrift shop.

I have the leaked files and I'm hoping whatever's is released might somehow be a higher quality.

$12.50 for 9 tracks, like iTunes back in '08.