Neurosis - Strength and Vision (Full Length Discography Box-Set)

Neurosis just posted this, released in honor of their 30th anniversary. Looks pretty rad, but can't drop the funds right now...

The definitive collection of every Neurosis release, on both LP and CD.

Each high quality box measures 12.8" x 12.8" x 4.3" deep, and features a magnetic clasp which allows you to retrieve each record without having to remove the box from a shelf.

Included in Strength and Vision: 

• ALL 11 studio records on 3 LPs and 8 2xLPs 

• LP sleeves with newly adapted designs

• 106 page book with all original artworks, lyric booklets etc 

• ALL albums on 11 CDs inside the book 

• 1 exclusive Neurosis – strength & visions embroidered patch 

• 1 exclusive handprinted poster 

• 1 certificate of authenticity 

Full list of albums included: 

• Pain of Mind 

• The Word as Law 

• Souls at Zero 

• Enemy of the Sun 

• Through Silver in Blood 

• Times of Grace 

• Sovereign 

• A Sun That Never Sets 

• The Eye of Every Storm 

• Given to the Rising 

• Honor Found in Decay 

strength_vision_detail.png

https://neurotrecordings.merchtable.com/artists/neurosis/pre-order-neurosis-strength-and-vision-11-lp-plus-cd-box-set-shipping-april-2016#.VnrDPRqDGko

Holy hell. Does this mean we will have represses of some of thisnother stuff individually? Cant justify buying this when i own over half of these already.

Yeah, I'm hoping this leads to a repress of A Sun That Never Sets so I can own that for less than the $200 the original usually sells for.

Damn.  If I had known this was going to happen I probably wouldn't have bought the Relapse represses.  I will regrettably pass.

That's kind of where I'm at.  I already have most of these thanks to the last few rounds of re-issues.  It looks really damn nice and I hope it leads to the few I'm missing getting reissued.

I'm at school and YouTube is blocked, but I'll look later. I can't even see what the video is; is it a song or an album? 

It's the track "Locust Star" from Through Silver in Blood. In my opinion, it's the perfect introduction to Neurosis, as it contains every aspect of their sound neatly wrapped in a sub-six minute morsel. Listening to Through Silver... in it's entirety would be a bad introduction either.

Edit: There's also a live recording of "Locust Star" on YouTube from Ozzfest in the late 90's. It remains one of the greatest performance videos I've ever seen.

It's the track "Locust Star" from Through Silver in Blood. In my opinion, it's the perfect introduction to Neurosis, as it contains every aspect of their sound neatly wrapped in a sub-six minute morsel. Listening to Through Silver... in it's entirety would be a bad introduction either.

Edit: There's also a live recording of "Locust Star" on YouTube from Ozzfest in the late 90's. It remains one of the greatest performance videos I've ever seen.

Alright, I'm about 1/3 through The Blue Album right now, I'll listen to that song on Spotify once Weezer is over.

It's funny you said this. I had already found the Ozzfest vid & was ready to post it when I saw your comment. I was there & probably saw them around 6 times in a 4 year period around then. I stopped following them at A Sun That Never Sets so I'm not sure how they are live anymore but they used to be so god damn pummeling. 

Way better than a music video:

p.s.

1997 show. Played twice on the side stage.