PO : Iggy Pop/Josh Homme - Post Pop Depression

I fucking love Iggy, and Josh, and I'm so fucking stoked for this album, but paying upwards of $50-100 for a ticket... This isn't the Opera. I want to stand, dance, jump around like a fool, and have fun.

I'm heartbroken right now. The seated aspect ruined it for me.

Same. I fucking hated seated venues. I'd much rather not go to a show that's at a seated venue. The closest to me is in LA at the Greek, and I hate that venue. Went to a show once not knowing it was the way it is, and would never go back.

What a shame they're playing only seated venues. Oh well, I've seen Queens, AM a few times, and even the stooges, so I'm good.

I'm old so a seated venue sounds good to me lol. I saw FNM in a seated venue last year and people still stood up, sang along, danced and had a good time. If I was 16-21 I'd be pissed but at 35 I just wanna be comfortable and be able to see the show without some jackass standing in front of me blocking my view. It never fails that the tallest guy in the venue happens to stand right in front of my wife and I at every GA show we go to. 

These first 2 songs are meh. People are excited because of who played on it but remember skull ring? Same deal

Yea I've heard the 2nd one now and although I like it more than the first I'm still not getting into it.

I'll probably still pick up a copy at some point though and you never know it might grow on me when I listen through the whole thing, it won't be the first LP that it's happened with.

The paramount in seattle is certainly a seated floor

Every show I've been to there has had an open floor. That includes Pavement, Ween, Faith No More, and Neutral Milk Hotel for which I was on the floor, and others for which I was on the balcony so I can't accurately remember what the floor was like. I would think for Iggy Pop & Josh Homme there would be an open floor too.

They do have seats there for certain things, but for most concerts the seats are not there. 

I saw Bowie twice before a lot of you were born. I wish I saw him more and would gladly pay $100. So, if you're on the fence about seeing Iggy, just remember not to take it for granted that he seems immortal. He will be gone someday and you will wish you went. My tickets are purchased.

Every show I've been to there has had an open floor. That includes Pavement, Ween, Faith No More, and Neutral Milk Hotel for which I was on the floor, and others for which I was on the balcony so I can't accurately remember what the floor was like. I would think for Iggy Pop & Josh Homme there would be an open floor too.

They do have seats there for certain things, but for most concerts the seats are not there.

The sale listing says all reserved

So, I just purchased tickets to the Seattle show and PIT tickets were an option. I thought I was gonna get stuck with 3rd Mezz seats (cheapest option) but decided to keep trying my luck with main floor (reserved) and after 4-5 attempts I finally landed a pair. This just goes to show that even if you think a section is sold out sometimes you can still get lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

You are welcome to your opinion. Foo Fighters at the Ryman (seated) one of the best shows I've ever seen. Saw Sufjan this year at an opera house (seated) and the night was amazing. But different strokes for different folks.

You are comparing the energy of iggy pop to sufjan?

Foo in any small place will bring excitement vs their arena/stadium for their fans as more intimate

I'm old people and I don't like all seated venues, I don't like stadiums either but that's a different matter so if I can't get down the front and pogo around like an idiot then I'm not happy and it would be a deal breaker for me

I went and saw the Who a while ago at the O2 in London and really didn't enjoy it, too big, too far away from the stage and I might as well have saved myself a bundle of money and watched it on DVD at home, it would have been more comfortable.