The X Files

Terribly written, conceived, acted, just overall miserable television that had the gull to end on a cliffhanger.

Couldn't be more disappointed. 

Literally every season finale of the show except for 9 ended on a cliffhanger. They did it that way because that's how the show works, and because it will be back.

I liked this episode. It was a nice throwback to the fans. The CSM/Mulder scene was as tense as any of their previous encounters. For a second I thought that Krycek was back too, but that would not be the case. This was Scully's best episode of the mini series. I thought that the new agents worked better in this episode then the previous. I have no problem if the show decides to keep them around as support, but I don't think i'd want to see the torch passed to them.

My problems with the revival. Skinner was completely underutilized. I wish that the show hadn't hyped the return of the lone gunmen and kept it as a surprise, because a lot of people thought the canon would be retconned to have them alive. I also would have liked it if the show made a separate reintroductory/first episode, and made My Struggle 1 + 2 air back to back as the finale. It didn't make sense that Mulder figured out this new conspiracy and it wasn't even mentioned again until 5 episodes later. The writing was ok, the show was in a decline during season 7 and this miniseries felt no different from that point. 

• 7 months later...

So just finished the entire series, including the movies and new episodes.

I really liked the new stuff, though the Terrorist episode was pretty weak.  Given the direct contrast between season 9 and 10, you realized that while season 10 is not as good as a lot of other seasons, it's still better than where we had previously left off.

The ending though, fuck me.....  though as soon as it happened I was like "Of course, how else would they end it?".