Official Discogs App!

It's nice and slick and will be helpful for physical crate digging (IE, do I already have this, and is it a good price?)

I do hope that they add a search function by cover art, as suggested.

They've already said that there will be market place integration in the future.

I'd love the ability to add to collection or marketplace via barcode.

And, when adding to your collection it would be great to have the ability to save new submissions to draft if the barcode doesn't already exist.

Milkcrate update notes:

"We've recently joined forces with Discogs to become the official Discogs App. All the features you love from MilkCrate are in the new Discogs App: manage your music collection, add to your wantlist, see pricing from the Discogs Marketplace, and discover new music. Download the official Discogs App and take your record collection everywhere. Happy Collecting!"

what the fuck were you guys expecting?? it does exactly what I'd want it to do. I thought MilkCrate was great. maybe not a full replacement for the site but for casual browsing and collection management it's 1000x easier than the mobile site

I know right. I'm not sure what else they really want from it..

maybe they wanted the app to play records   :P

something I would really want is instant notifications when an individual item on your wantlist goes up instead of the bi weekly email with several itsms

I absolutely agree with that, but that's more of a discogs feature request than a request for the app itself. I wish you could "star" certain items in your wish list and get separate texts / emails when those went up

what the fuck were you guys expecting??

Not much, really. Acceptable design, reasonable categorization and basic search/browse-functions (collections cannot be sorted by 'added', discographies are completely messed up). I expected a slightly modified mobile version with simple, basic features. I can't see a single advantage in using this over the browser-version, so I have no use for this.

Not to add items to your collection, just to look them up

oh I see he wants a more streamlined thing, that's tough because two different releases of a record can have the same barcode in some cases. 

Luckily the app has an add to collection button right there after you get to the release page so it's not too bad.

I've been using Discography for Discogs on Android for awhile and pretty pleased with the dev doing what he can to make tweaks along the way. The biggest issue is for classic albums that have 50+ different versions but that's hard to manage no matter the UI. It's been incredibly useful for crate-digging.

I signed up for testing the beta of the official app to compare functionality, but it's cool just to have multiple apps for this.

Pretty underwhelmed with the app, but I've yet to use it in the field so we'll see. I expected it to be simpler than the site, removing clutter and things I don't need to worry about while on the go, but the search function isn't as great as the mobile site.

I'm used to typing things in the search bar and getting the drop-down of matching results, allowing me to easily pick an option without having to type the whole thing or wait for a search results page to load. The lack of smart search is a major difference and failure on the app's part. 

Otherwise I just need to get used to how things are displayed. I don't love the results display either, say for viewing versions of a release. It seems more difficult to skim than the mobile site's list. Again, might just need to get used to that.