There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

7 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

You guys on the left are so scared of words. They're words! Violent acts against innocent people will always be a worse offense than saying something offensive.

I had it explained to me once that the farther left someone is on social and political issues, the less likely they are to disassociate verbal and physical abuse.  So someone who is super far left could have the same emotional or even physical reaction from getting punched in the face as they would from, say, encountering a peaceful protest put on by the Westboro Church.

The opposite is also true, people who are farther right tend to be more capable of controlling their emotions and are more likely to disassociate verbal and physical abuse.

It might be complete bullshit, you know.  But taken with a grain of salt, it might explain why it's more likely for protests at Trump rallies to become violent than the opposite.

11 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

You guys on the left are so scared of words. They're words! Violent acts against innocent people will always be a worse offense than saying something offensive.

And not directed at you @daegor, but you guys who are still riding the Democracy train to no end sure do talk a lot of shit and name-call for people who need "safe spaces".

"Lol, but like, I know exactly how well people's quality of life is in other countries even though I've never even seen the ocean and can't define what a 'corporation' is. [insert comparison of modern day USA to a failed empire that existed centuries ago here]. Lol, downvote!"

Words?  Not so much, but you're totally right.  And really I think that if Trump managed to say something so offensive that another country was willing to take action he'd probably just be impeached and removed in order to avoid the situation.

Actually bombing a place?  A little more difficult to backtrack from, for sure.

Thank you for excluding me from that, Rambo, I happened to have lived just off the ocean most of my life ;)

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The North Carolina bill that started the whole nonsense:

"The bill also overturns an anti-LGBT discrimination ordinance that had been passed by Charlotte, North Carolina and prevents local governments in the state from enacting similar ordinances"

maybe just remove gender as a deciding factor for bathroom usage and have penis and vagina bathrooms instead? this would then be an non-gender issue and would work hand-in-hand with how the restrooms are designed from a functional and efficiency standpoint.

57 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

And not directed at you @daegor, but you guys who are still riding the Democracy train to no end sure do talk a lot of shit and name-call for people who need "safe spaces".

"Lol, but like, I know exactly how well people's quality of life is in other countries even though I've never even seen the ocean and can't define what a 'corporation' is. [insert comparison of modern day USA to a failed empire that existed centuries ago here]. Lol, downvote!"

For the win. 

12 hours ago, heyimdb said:

And as my rebuttal for that laziness comment about me and my posts in here and how I don't believe in hard work, 

i was fired from my full time job last week due to discrimination. But I totally don't know what "the struggle" is, liberals. I wouldn't understand that at all. 

how were you discriminated against?  

21 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

I had it explained to me once that the farther left someone is on social and political issues, the less likely they are to disassociate verbal and physical abuse.  So someone who is super far left could have the same emotional or even physical reaction from getting punched in the face as they would from, say, encountering a peaceful protest put on by the Westboro Church.

The opposite is also true, people who are farther right tend to be more capable of controlling their emotions and are more likely to disassociate verbal and physical abuse.

It might be complete bullshit, you know.  But taken with a grain of salt, it might explain why it's more likely for protests at Trump rallies to become violent than the opposite.

This was insightful. I have really been racking my brain at what would drive mass protestors at a Republican rally but you never see/hear about protestors at a Sanders/Obama/Clinton rally, even though you know that the right is just as upset with their policies. I think the self control aspect comes into play like you mentioned. Just very interesting.

Also, glad to see 3 sided arguments on here. I know VC is predominantly left, so it was nice to see around page 19 when some actual debate started to occur from all sides.

HAHAHA....the woman who was beaten bloody at the trump rally....didn't actually happen.  The picture that was posted and retweeted and shared as news, was actually a photo from Ash vs. Evil Dead.  

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/06/07/hoax-image-of-attacked-trump-supporter-goes-viral-n2174835

8 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

HAHAHA....the woman who was beaten bloody at the trump rally....didn't actually happen.  The picture that was posted and retweeted and shared as news, was actually a photo from Ash vs. Evil Dead.  

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/06/07/hoax-image-of-attacked-trump-supporter-goes-viral-n2174835

went viral because it's believable. reminder that all of this actually happened:

49 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

bernie supporters have done this a couple times with rally photos too