3000 post Giveaway - Metric "Fantasies" LP / Caspian: Tertia / or Jakob: Sines - closed

drds89

Thank you VC for all the rec's on new bands, new releases, 'Quick, order now!', 'Hey,xxxLabel just found 5 more copies!' help with finding LPs, the community and for keeping the boards entertaining in many respects :)

I usually like to do "skill" based giveaways vs. pure chance, but I'm too tired/lazy.

So, for any US collectors who would like a sealed repress of "Fantasies" from Last Gang Records, just post the first piece of vinyl (single or LP) you bought with your own, earned money: what it was and how old you were.

edit: added options of some postrock, Caspian Tertia 2xLP or Jakob: Sines 2xLP

For those who don't win Sec's "Tired Of Tomorrow* awesome giveaway, here's a chance for a little consolation.

I'll do a random drawing on Friday 3/25, so all entries must be in by Thursday 3/24 12:00MN EST.

The National - Alligator

I bought it a year before I even started collecting records. It was/is my favorite album and I saw it at a record store and just wanted to own it on vinyl for some reason.

I wasn't pulled into the hobby for a while, but it eventually sucked me in. You always remember your first though.

Hey Don, I'm getting close to that 3000 mark, too. I honestly don't remember what I bought with money I earned myself. I do remember the first record I "bought" was Kiss - Alive from either K-mart or Fedmart. I was in the third grade and it started me on this obsession with music and merch. I have never been the same.

Led Zeppelin II

I amassed a pretty extensive cd collection as a young man. I used to venture to the flea market on the weekends and go through this booths used cd collection and pick out some classic rock albums to play on my brothers stereo. I remember looking down and seeing a copy of II in a crate of records. Man was it beat up. I just bought it because of my admiration of the band. It was unplayable but I just kept it for years. I think it was $1.50. I must've been 14 or 15 years old.

Congrats, I am still relatively new here but it seems like an awesome place to be for all vinyl and maybe one day I will hit that almighty 3k mark.

Motley Crue  - Dr. Feelgood       I was 14

My dad had a pretty large collection already and was heavily involved in the entertainment business so I was lucky enough to already have a good amount of classics right from the start but Dr. Feelgood was bought primarily for two reasons, it looked awesome and I liked a girl who I knew was a huge fan of Motley Crue. I got to say that album was a GREAT wing man in that situation (and several others).

even though i have recently started amassing a collection, my first vinyl purchase was Pink Floyd - Meddle, when i was 12. I saw it a garage sale and knew we had a player at home so asked my dad if i could get it. $2. to this day i still spin it regularly. echoes being one of my favorite songs of all time!

I consider 3 different records my "first buy." Here's why:

I always have a hard time deciding what my first vinyl was. I guess it would be considered the MxPx "Small Town Minds" 7" I got at the show at the House of Blues Myrtle Beach in 2001.

But I know, in the same year, I bought The Wallflowers' (Breach) and Jurassic 5's EP. Both from Manifest Discs and Tapes -now known as Monster Music here in Charleston.

So, with these three purchases, I consider them my first buys.

I would have been 17.