Jump to content
Tom Delonge's UFO

PO Soon: Hey Mercedes - Everynight Fire Works & The Weekend EP 15th Anniversary Repress

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, birdwell said:

Theres also rumor that they often just use a CD or low quality mp3s to source the audio from...sometimes even if you're getting a legit laquer cut to send to them, they'll start the project without waiting on the proper master...that part is speculative rumor, but everything in that above ramble is personal experience.

 

That's shitty and shady as hell, but I blame the label for approving the subpar tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, randomfortunepa said:

Are you sure they didn't just allocate a certain amount per show? Explosions in the Sky recently did that. I find it hard to believe the band sold around 300 copies after 5 shows.

I watched a gang of people buy it at the Cleveland show and that was a day after 2 shows in their hometown, so it's very possible they went through them all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jacobe said:

I watched a gang of people buy it at the Cleveland show and that was a day after 2 shows in their hometown, so it's very possible they went through them all. 

Yeah, my copy was No. 85 and I was one of the last people to buy one in Cleveland. I suppose it's possible they sold nearly 200 copies in NYC but man, it seems like a bit of a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Yeah, my copy was No. 85 and I was one of the last people to buy one in Cleveland. I suppose it's possible they sold nearly 200 copies in NYC but man, it seems like a bit of a stretch.

I was 65 and was the first purchase of the night, so there's 15 of them accounted for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacobe said:

I was 65 and was the first purchase of the night, so there's 15 of them accounted for!

I'm not entirely sure they were sold in sequential order, though; I'm betting they were being grabbed out of the box at random. Like, my friend bought one 30 seconds after me and his was No. 93 or 94, I think. So I'm betting it's kind of a crapshoot within whatever box they have in the venue at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

I'm not entirely sure they were sold in sequential order, though; I'm betting they were being grabbed out of the box at random. Like, my friend bought one 30 seconds after me and his was No. 93 or 94, I think. So I'm betting it's kind of a crapshoot within whatever box they have in the venue at that time.

interesting. My brother, his buddy and I all bought at the same time and were in order. I know this as my brother was disappointed that 69 had been sold the night prior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×