Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

30 minutes ago, axotyl said:

i messaged kings road europe last week to confirm that the black vinyl they are selling is 180g, because unlike the US site, it doesn't specifically say...this was their reply:

" we think it is, but we are still waiting for a confirmation on this."

Why would they have two different black presses? That's so weird. 

I oredered it from the UK site regardless because I missed out on it in the US store. 

12 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

So you think the standard pressing from Amazon is also 180g?

I just can't see why they'd do two separate black pressings. I don't wanna say they're the same, cause I really don't know, but I'd say it's likely that Amazon got one of those variants that Kings Road had. Possibly the purple since it was the first. 

24 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

I just can't see why they'd do two separate black pressings. I don't wanna say they're the same, cause I really don't know, but I'd say it's likely that Amazon got one of those variants that Kings Road had. Possibly the purple since it was the first. 

Why not? This exact thing happens pretty regularly.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Why not? This exact thing happens pretty regularly.

But for their same store? Like the UK gets the 180g and US gets a regular black press? 

I dunno, I don't know much about that. This whole blink preorder thing has been a mess, including the preorder codes, different variants and whatnot. 

Just now, [Banned User] said:

But for their same store? Like the UK gets the 180g and US gets a regular black press? 

I dunno, I don't know much about that. This whole blink preorder thing has been a mess, including the preorder codes, different variants and whatnot. 

Usually it's not from the same store, but if there's a US store and a Euro store I've seen the Europeans get the nicer 180 gram and the US gets a standard weight. Euro exclusives, dude!

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Usually it's not from the same store, but if there's a US store and a Euro store I've seen the Europeans get the nicer 180 gram and the US gets a standard weight. Euro exclusives, dude!

That's true. Same thing happened with the Deftones record, the 180g black was exclusive to EU. 

So there is potentially 5 variants of this. 4 from Kings Road and the Hot Topic press. 

13 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

That's true. Same thing happened with the Deftones record, the 180g black was exclusive to EU. 

So there is potentially 5 variants of this. 4 from Kings Road and the Hot Topic press. 

180g black Gore was not exclusive to EU, their copies just didn't sell out as fast as the US allotment. But as Randy Savage said before it is not uncommon to see a black standard gram and a black 180 gram variant of the same album.

2 minutes ago, dtr said:

180g black Gore was not exclusive to EU, their copies just didn't sell out as fast as the US allotment. But as Randy Savage said before it is not uncommon to see a black standard gram and a black 180 gram variant of the same album.

The newest Coheed release had a 180g black, and a standard black.  

42 minutes ago, zacooper said:

Dudes omg omg omg, SRC will have this on BLACK vinylz too!!! (End sarcasm)

Sorry just had had to make fun of SRC and their hype train. Their email this morning was so excited about having the standard press trying to make it sound anything but standard.

I didn't get that email. Can you quote it? I was holding out to see what theirs was. I'm glad it's not exclusive so I can go empty my current cart.

17 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

I didn't get that email. Can you quote it? I was holding out to see what theirs was. I'm glad it's not exclusive so I can go empty my current cart.

Just says it's up for preorder on black vinyl. I barely noticed it because the main part of the email is explaining the discount on the new Sublime pressings, which I'm fuckin stoked about. 

5 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

I know you have no control over this, but it would be sick if BCR, Enema and the other splatters got released around that same time. 

Red And black sounds interesting for this release. Definitely picking it up. 

At this point I just want the rest of the Blink vinyl to deliver already, I cant believe how long it's taken to get those last few titles as well as Robbin the Hood

1 hour ago, travis said:

At this point I just want the rest of the Blink vinyl to deliver already, I cant believe how long it's taken to get those last few titles as well as Robbin the Hood

I would love to see that RTH, its been a long time coming.

I hope HT charges $50 and it has a cover that looks like its moving when you move it!?