The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

Beyond some smaller label releases where they've done like 15 small represses all in different colors, this Vol. 1 release has felt like it's surpassed any other new release in terms of variants? The closest I can think of recently was The Strokes EP with five colors via different retailers.

I wonder if they'll do this entire thing again with Vol. 2, but perhaps they'll wait a few months to let this frenzy die down.

Stranger Things Vol. 1

• Black
  • Smoke (Indie, /1500)
  • Aqua (Invada, /1500?)
  • Red/Blue (Non-Americas, /?)
  • Clear (URP Distributors, /500)
  • Red (Relapse, /500)
  • Red/Black (VMP, /511)
  • Red/White (Hot Topic, /500)
  • Clear Red/Black (B&N, /?)
  • Coke (UO, /?)

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I think I dig the smoke (looks like tree bark from the upside down), or one of the two red/black combos (UO or VMP) the most.

Yeah the reds look cool. They really make the covers pop. It was a toss up for me between HT and B&N. I prefer marble more than smoke variants though.

50 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Beyond some smaller label releases where they've done like 15 small represses all in different colors, this Vol. 1 release has felt like it's surpassed any other new release in terms of variants? The closest I can think of recently was The Strokes EP with five colors via different retailers.

Deafheaven - New Bermuda was way worse. I can't even remember exactly how many variants there were, around 10? Something like that. Between US and UK variants. And super long delays and half the colors ended up being changed to something different by the end of it 

50 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Deafheaven - New Bermuda was way worse. I can't even remember exactly how many variants there were, around 10? Something like that. Between US and UK variants. And super long delays and half the colors ended up being changed to something different by the end of it 

14 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Still hoping that rumor from Reddit that each release's packaging would have something unique winds up being true. With 37 variants though, I think they'd run out of things to do.

Maybe the inside image on the gatefold? They could do a different picture for each variant.