Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP/Infinity On High 2xLP Hot Topic represses

1 hour ago, ChasHawk said:

It has nothing to do with HT. 

It's the plates that the record company chose to reuse. 

Fair enough. Its still an entire pressing that HT chooses to buy at wholesale and resell. Id venture to guess this thing doesnt exist at all if they dont ask for it. So, they could probably choose to push them for a higher quality pressing if they really wanted/cared to (not that i expect them to given the nature of their business - and like i said, i got exactly what i expected from them). Theyre putting their name on it and calling it an exclusive item though so it is a representation of their stores. If this was available in every record store across the country and online - then sure, its squarely on the record label. Unfortunately though, HT exclusive releases are notorious for various blunders that you pretty much dont see anywhere else (pixelated thrice art, finch typos literally everywhere/pixelated art, etc.). Anyway, they got the aesthetic down on a lot of the stuff they do so ill give them that. 

2 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

Fair enough. Its still an entire pressing that HT chooses to buy at wholesale and resell. Id venture to guess this thing doesnt exist at all if they dont ask for it. So, they could probably choose to push them for a higher quality pressing if they really wanted/cared to (not that i expect them to given the nature of their business - and like i said, i got exactly what i expected from them). Theyre putting their name on it and calling it an exclusive item though so it is a representation of their stores. If this was available in every record store across the country and online - then sure, its squarely on the record label. Unfortunately though, HT exclusive releases are notorious for various blunders that you pretty much dont see anywhere else (pixelated thrice art, finch typos literally everywhere/pixelated art, etc.). Anyway, they got the aesthetic down on a lot of the stuff they do so ill give them that. 

Yeah they don't care at all. Travis totally didn't push the record company to fix the edit in Enema of the State. 

On 9/6/2016 at 3:56 PM, jojo123 said:

Do you have an estimated week/date that Infinity will go up for sale? I'm interested in buying another record at the moment but I want to make sure I don't buy that one and then have Infinity go up a day after or something so I can't afford it

Possibly going up tomorrow (or around midnight tonight). It's also possible it goes up in another day or 2.

Based on FUTCT still being available I dont expect this to sell out over night or anything when it does go up for sale.

7 hours ago, mattisr1984 said:

No. There have been a few issues with some HT exclusives but Hot Topic is not a label is Hot Topic is not responsible for the sound quality of a record, that's entirely up to the label pressing the record. Every record where there has been an issue (and all the ones you named) have come from Universal Special Markets. Not everything they've done for HT has had issues but yes, a few have. With these Universal SM exclusives, sometimes I get a test of something before they press it and I'll listen to it and give them notes on things they should fix. I don't always get another test after they "fix" something. I work with a lot of labels on doing exclusive pressings for Hot Topic to sell, and in the case with Universal SM I've spoken to them multiple times about sound quality and they tell me they use the highest quality source they have for the records they press. I don't license out records and go and get them pressed myself. Some labels do a better job than others when it comes to pressing their vinyl. This isn't an overall Hot Topic vinyl problem, this is little issue with one label who I continue to try and get them to improve the overall quality of their releases. I have more input on these than with other labels but at the end of the day, Hot Topic is not the label pressing the vinyl so I can only give so much input into the final product. Hot Topic is a retailer, not quality control for record labels.

5 minutes ago, travis said:

No. There have been a few issues with some HT exclusives but Hot Topic is not a label is Hot Topic is not responsible for the sound quality of a record, that's entirely up to the label pressing the record. Every record where there has been an issue (and all the ones you named) have come from Universal Special Markets. Not everything they've done for HT has had issues but yes, a few have. With these Universal SM exclusives, sometimes I get a test of something before they press it and I'll listen to it and give them notes on things they should fix. I don't always get another test after they "fix" something. I work with a lot of labels on doing exclusive pressings for Hot Topic to sell, and in the case with Universal SM I've spoken to them multiple times about sound quality and they tell me they use the highest quality source they have for the records they press. I don't license out records and go and get them pressed myself. Some labels do a better job than others when it comes to pressing their vinyl. This isn't an overall Hot Topic vinyl problem, this is little issue with one label who I continue to try and get them to improve the overall quality of their releases. I have more input on these than with other labels but at the end of the day, Hot Topic is not the label pressing the vinyl so I can only give so much input into the final product. Hot Topic is a retailer, not quality control for record labels.

Your pressings are and you should feel bad

/s

text post because I am too lazy to edit a picture

18 minutes ago, cbjornson said:

What color vinyl is IOH this go-round?

I guess this kinda goes along with my last post. It was supposed to be an opaque blue/black split colored vinyl but it came in on the same clear w/ blue and white splatter as the last pressing. I guess this is good news for anyone who missed out the last time around.

49 minutes ago, travis said:

I guess this kinda goes along with my last post. It was supposed to be an opaque blue/black split colored vinyl but it came in on the same clear w/ blue and white splatter as the last pressing. I guess this is good news for anyone who missed out the last time around.

Also good news for me that I don't have to buy another variant right now. ;)

1 hour ago, travis said:

also good news for the person who sold theirs a couple months ago to help fund a thailand trip ;) B)

1 hour ago, CVHX said:

also good news for the person who sold theirs a couple months ago to help fund a thailand trip ;) B)

Hahahahaa seriously dude I did the same, I listened to mine once and shelved it, when I started selling a few things from my collection I wondered what it was going for, seen then instantly listed it. I was kinda shocked

1 hour ago, CVHX said:

Hahahahaa seriously dude I did the same, I listened to mine once and shelved it, when I started selling a few things from my collection I wondered what it was going for, seen then instantly listed it. I was kinda shocked

11 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

Does it look noticeably different to the first press or is it identical in every way?

The splatter looks pretty much the same from what I remember the last press looking like. This one appears to have some little black specks in it though if anyone actually cares about that slight difference.

FOB%20IOH%201_zpscinkxdaw.jpg

FOB%20IOH%202_zpsztiwuyax.jpg

1 hour ago, Rottengoth said:

yup. was bummed to sell it but the price was too good. 

My futct vinyl just got here and it honestly doesn't sound as bad as everyone is making it out to be (at least in my opinion), you can hear some static during the last songs on each side which happen to be some of my favorites but it's not enough to ruin the experience for me. 

Also, can't wait for the Infinity vinyl. I was hoping to get something like the last repress and this happened which is great!! The streaks of color seem to be shorter/there's more clear space but it still looks awesome, thanks Travis!

3 hours ago, cameronbudde said:

Cannot wait for this. This is my low key fav FOB record. 

Agree--it's way underrated

2 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

So there aren't really any sound issues on IOH? Also, any discount codes? Thanks in advance!

It's CD sourced but there's no prominent distortion or anything. Just clean it first.

In this thread:

People who have absolutely no idea how licensing versus retailing works, yet can squarely identify source audio beyond the shadow of a doubt. 

It would behoove many of you to do some research on the MANY steps that take place with audio recording, mixing, mastering, cutting the lacquers, making the stampers and pressing records so that you can see how many opportunities there are to fuck up an LP pressing. Even the purest source audio does nothing if it's not mixed/mastered for vinyl.  From there, if the lacquers aren't cut adequately, it's toast, etc etc. 

17 hours ago, jojo123 said:

My futct vinyl just got here and it honestly doesn't sound as bad as everyone is making it out to be (at least in my opinion), you can hear some static during the last songs on each side which happen to be some of my favorites but it's not enough to ruin the experience for me. 

Also, can't wait for the Infinity vinyl. I was hoping to get something like the last repress and this happened which is great!! The streaks of color seem to be shorter/there's more clear space but it still looks awesome, thanks Travis!

What turntable do you own?