AFI - Sing The Sorrow 2xLP - Boot Available Today - NOW: Official Reissue Happening & PO Dropping

I recovered my password to post here for the first time in YEARS because of this stupid pre-order.

I'm lucky enough to have my original copy still in good condition, but I ordered from 1-2-3-4 and it's not coming for another 3/4 months? Totally insane.

Like, fuck, I went to the anniversary show in LA all the way from NJ and the merch situation was a fiasco generally but this sucks just about as much as resellers asking $400 for the show poster. Ugh, I hate the internet sometimes. But love records and gonna hang out here more since the UI improved over the last decade hah

I've seen people here and on Reddit and some FB groups discussing receiving their web store orders recently. I originally ordered on 3.14 and when media mail became available contacted them. They cancelled the order for me and I reordered on 3.16. I've heard nothing since.

I used the contact form on the web store to ask what was going on yesterday. They replied today that they had cancelled the order as requested and sent me screen shots of the previous ticket from 3.14 referencing the original order, not the new one that I had referenced when I opened up the new ticket.

Comparing 2 numbers and realizing they're different is super tough.Ā 

Anyway, I just sent them a reply trying to explain that, yeah, I had placed 2 orders and one was cancelled but they still owe me a record for the second order which clearly shows as unfulfilled when I check my account.

So now, more waiting.Ā 

32 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Completely unannounced, my webstore copy showed up on my porch today. Bullmoose PO has 0 update, so I assume that'll arrive in October now.

That's what happened to me a few days ago. I started getting the Sandbag emails but no info what it was. Then it showed up.Ā 

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 1:29 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

I was blessed with the (all too infrequent) opportunity to listen to this (sides A and b)Ā this morning.

The sound is great! I did notice the gaps between tracks seemed longer than I remember, but it's a minor thing.Ā 

All in all, this is a great reissue.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

this is at least great news - still trying to find a webstore with a version I can have before october, but hey at least I'll get one. it being a 45 is slightly annoying but beggars can't be choosers

7 minutes ago, wehungthedj said:

this is at least great news - still trying to find a webstore with a version I can have before october, but hey at least I'll get one. it being a 45 is slightly annoying but beggars can't be choosers

The original was a 2LP too, so it's about the same. Hopefully more will pop up once the pressing is finalized.

6 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

The original was a 2LP too, so it's about the same. Hopefully more will pop up once the pressing is finalized.

oh, i have my original from 2003 - but that was a 33. i'm just happy to not HAVE to play it anymore. I got into AFI in 99/00 so I luckily have OGs of the trinity of Sing the Sorrow/Decemberunderground/Crash Love, but I just love this dumb band so much hah

16 minutes ago, wehungthedj said:

oh, i have my original from 2003 - but that was a 33. i'm just happy to not HAVE to play it anymore. I got into AFI in 99/00 so I luckily have OGs of the trinity of Sing the Sorrow/Decemberunderground/Crash Love, but I just love this dumb band so much hah

They were one of the first bands I ever saw live and were a favorite for a long time.Ā 

I think you'll be pleased with how it sounds. šŸ˜

• 2 months later...