Apologies and New Records

Hello,

So, for those members that are tired of my whining about sharing this hobby to others outside the hobby and blogs and blah, blah, blah, well so am I.  There is no way to delete stupid\embarrassing posts, so I just stopped following those posts of mine.  I apologize to anyone I annoyed or offended.

The Hobby Blog and sharing the hobby those are things I have been obsessing over in both this hobby and my coin collecting hobby.  I’m driving myself crazy and driving my family up the wall.  I’ll be working on this with my therapist next week (that’s not a sarcastic comment or joke, it is the truth.)

Speaking of sarcasm, I notice that happens a lot on this forum.  I’m not trying to be annoying; I just want to learn.  I thought a forum such as this would be a supportive place for questions and stuff.  As I mentioned I have been doing the same thing on the coin collecting forum as here, but they were able to supportively reel me in and help me focus on what’s important and a hobby blog and sharing the hobby with those outside the hobby are not important.

Regarding a few things others have said:

I'm gonna be honest with you man no one is going to read a blog. Try a more modern platform, like Tiktok - @Han Solo

@Han Solo, I agree!

You seem to have some sort of NPD going on. I suggest trying to be more self-aware, if you actually want to better yourself it's easier to recognize when you're doing it. - @Shelby

@Shelby I don’t have NPD I was just getting defensive and being a jerk.

Please stop. - @Sad Heart

@Sad Heart, I’m seriously trying.

I’d like to just start over in hopes that I can find helpful support and camaraderie here.

I just got some new records that I wanted to share.

I did some research on picture discs and for the most part found that lots of people aren't fans of them for various reasons, I'm not because I think they sound horrible.  Before finding this out I had bought 3 albums on picture disc. 

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
  2. Purple Rain - Prince
  3. Bad - Michael Jackson

After finding this out I went to my local record store and turned them in for store credit.  I took a huge loss but was able to use the store credit to purchase a black vinyl copy of Michael Jackson's Bad album and after cleaning it I played it and it sounds amazing.  Now, to find to find the other two listed above on black vinyl.

Also, for Father's Day my wife got me Elton John's Diamonds album which is a very good selection of his songs.

We went to the local mall last night and I added more albums to my Discogs want list. 

• October - U2
  • Daydream - Mariah Carey
  • The Biggest hits - Tim McGraw
  • Thriller - Michael Jackson
  • Greatest Hits - Guns N roses

Thank You,

Rich

1 hour ago, randdmart said:

Hello,

So, for those members that are tired of my whining about sharing this hobby to others outside the hobby and blogs and blah, blah, blah, well so am I.  There is no way to delete stupid\embarrassing posts, so I just stopped following those posts of mine.  I apologize to anyone I annoyed or offended.

The Hobby Blog and sharing the hobby those are things I have been obsessing over in both this hobby and my coin collecting hobby.  I’m driving myself crazy and driving my family up the wall.  I’ll be working on this with my therapist next week (that’s not a sarcastic comment or joke, it is the truth.)

Speaking of sarcasm, I notice that happens a lot on this forum.  I’m not trying to be annoying; I just want to learn.  I thought a forum such as this would be a supportive place for questions and stuff.  As I mentioned I have been doing the same thing on the coin collecting forum as here, but they were able to supportively reel me in and help me focus on what’s important and a hobby blog and sharing the hobby with those outside the hobby are not important.

Regarding a few things others have said:

@Han Solo, I agree!

@Shelby I don’t have NPD I was just getting defensive and being a jerk.

@Sad Heart, I’m seriously trying.

I’d like to just start over in hopes that I can find helpful support and camaraderie here.

I just got some new records that I wanted to share.

I did some research on picture discs and for the most part found that lots of people aren't fans of them for various reasons, I'm not because I think they sound horrible.  Before finding this out I had bought 3 albums on picture disc. 

1. Thriller - Michael Jackson
  2. Purple Rain - Prince
  3. Bad - Michael Jackson

After finding this out I went to my local record store and turned them in for store credit.  I took a huge loss but was able to use the store credit to purchase a black vinyl copy of Michael Jackson's Bad album and after cleaning it I played it and it sounds amazing.  Now, to find to find the other two listed above on black vinyl.

Also, for Father's Day my wife got me Elton John's Diamonds album which is a very good selection of his songs.

We went to the local mall last night and I added more albums to my Discogs want list. 

• October - U2
  • Daydream - Mariah Carey
  • The Biggest hits - Tim McGraw
  • Thriller - Michael Jackson
  • Greatest Hits - Guns N roses

Thank You,

Rich

My guy. I've been holding my tongue, practicing the whole, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," thing.

BUT.

You need to stop spamming the board with every thought you have. Read the rules/guidelines, read the FAQ, lurk the site to get a general vibe for a little while and then eventually try again. Use the search feature a little bit to see if you get any answers to your questions that way.

Nobody here really gives a shit about reading your blog or looking at your social media unless you're in a very specific niche, or very good at what you do.

Have you recognized any of the bands/albums that you see posted about on here? You seem mostly interested in classic rock and pop, which makes up a very, VERY miniscule percentage of the posts here. I know I'm not here wanting to mentor someone who is just getting into the hobby who also shares very little of the same musical taste, and I imagine most people here share that same sentiment.

I wish you luck on your record journey, but this isn't really a "starting point" type forum. The most active users here have mostly been involved with this forum for well over a decade at this point and have been collecting for much longer than that. We're a little jaded, and a lot sarcastic, and you came in here with a lot of questions as though you've done zero research or work to figure anything out on your own. Take a break from posting, read some threads, come back later, and don't take it too personally.

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage

Do you see anyone else here starting a new thread to announce records they just bought? No. That's because it's fucking annoying. Read the goddamn room. Instead of starting yet another thread in a forum that you are new to, why not try to contribute to conversations/threads already started? I have also been holding off commenting on your threads in hopes that you would grab a clue. If this new thread is any indication, it seems that you are not very aware of the world around you.

1 hour ago, randdmart said:

@lexicondevilYou’re an asshole

@ThunderPantzThank You I’ll try it

@TheGhostOfRandySavagethank you for the explanation I think im definitely in the wrong place 

I feel the need to stick up for my dude. @lexicondevil is actually one of the kindest, coolest dudes on the board which speaks volumes as to how off base your posts have been here. For him to be that annoyed with you is a true feat in itself.