(PO) The Menzingers - Some of it Was True (10/13/23)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to (PO) The Menzingers - Some of it Was True (10/13/23)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Anyone have this on vinyl yet? I've listened to this album more than anything else since October, and I'm really hoping the pressing holds up to the mastering digitally. 

My label finally printed for shipment, so I was reminded that it's on the way.

I grabbed the indie exclusive because I figured my preorder wasn't showing up soon. Sounds great. 

15 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Thanks! I dig the sound on Spotify streaming, but sometimes vinyl pressings can be really bad. So, this is good news so far.

Interesting, I haven't had a vinyl pressing that sounds "bad" per se. The worst I've heard is on par with digital.

Also, Epitaph has invested a lot in its vinyl business. I heard that Brett bought his pressing plant as he saw Epitaph's sales shift to vinyl and wanted to be able to meet demand, etc. Caveat: this is secondhand from someone who knows him, so take with salt.

6 hours ago, Rooster87 said:

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying this, but has this album grown on anyone else? I brushed it off a bit at first but after actually spinning it a few times I definitely find it enjoyable. 

For sure different but I’m glad I didn’t completely write it off. 

Yup, same here. It didn't grab me at first, but it's solid.

9 hours ago, Rooster87 said:

I’m sure I’m not alone in saying this, but has this album grown on anyone else? I brushed it off a bit at first but after actually spinning it a few times I definitely find it enjoyable. 

For sure different but I’m glad I didn’t completely write it off. 

First single I heard was good, but the title track hooked me. Whole first half is very strong. Gotta echo marc regarding second half. It's very good, but hasn't completely won me over. Still a fantastic record all around 

2 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

First single I heard was good, but the title track hooked me. Whole first half is very strong. Gotta echo marc regarding second half. It's very good, but hasn't completely won me over. Still a fantastic record all around 

Funny enough it's the B side that really caught my ear. Or maybe I had just heard too much of the A side and never gave the second half a chance. Once I listened though I really started to enjoy it. 

So my /250 shipped from Los Angeles. It went from there to San Francisco and is now in Oakland. I live in Phoenix. 

I have a theory that the kings road warehouse was built on an ancient Indian burial ground. An old ancient curse is really the only thing I can think of that makes every experience with them terrible.