What video games have you been playing?

I'm just pulling your leg, if you need help playing I won't judge.

Is this a form of #humblebrag?  It's more about having fun with other players, and discussing something you enjoy with people you know, than needling halp.

Using summons on bosses, PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

git gud ;)

I know right, it's as if the devs built online capabilities into the game on purpose or something.  Co-op is fun, it's not just about halp, I solo'ed O&S (no solaire, taking down Smough first) and have also beaten bosses on 1st encounter, without any prior knowledge, Centipede Demon comes to mind.  

I know you're kidding, but just saying, because it's sounds like Shleby thinks I am a scrub, when in fact I am mediocre, or slightly above average, hahahha and I have to defend my honor!  Yeah, I've fallen off ledges, whiffed backstabs and been punished, been 1- and 2- shotted by bosses while still learning their moves, been mobbed, estus'd at the wrong time and paid dearly in form of lost souls.  I've also gotten tons of 'good game' and 'thx' messages for helping people out in every game of the series so far.  I just love the Souls games and love the co-op.  PvE and co-op are my faves, and I like PvP too... took down a red invader in Oolacile last night using Great Combustion w/ my +5 asc flame and good timing, and dang it felt good! LOL

In any case, you could have the best 2 phantoms in the world, and even they can't completely carry a scrubby player.  You still need to learn enemy patterns, be able to dodge/roll, heal at the proper time, etc.  If you beat Dark 1 it's because you earned it, you can't just summon and cheese your way through the whole game.  And if you could, it would feel cheap and not have the Souls sense of accomplishment.  Not even sure if it's possible at the rate that you collect humanities early game.  You'd prob wind up using them all up and having to farm rats just to be able to continue to summon.

I am also in the middle of Dark Souls (Anor Londo right now). Is it just me or is Dark Souls way harder than Demons Souls?

I found Demon's toughest, but mostly because of the way humanity and co-op interact in that one, and the lower amount of online traffic.  Whereas Dark 1 is still pretty populated, espescially in certain areas at certain levels, etc.

In Demon's I wasn't getting summoned too often, so I was mostly always undead, because the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes is such a rare item.  Wearing the HP boost when hollow ring helps, so you've got 1 ring slot occupied most of the game.

No HP reduction penalty in Dark 1, you just can't summon friendly phantoms, but you also won't get invaded.  I went through Dark 1 mostly hollow and still managed to make progress.

What platform do you play on?  What is your character's soul level?  How far in Anor Londo, what are the most recent bosses you've beaten?  Did you just arrive from Sen's Fortress?

I'm on PS3, SL120.  All I have left to do now (except for the final boss fight) is farm souls and upgrade gear to upgrade weapons.

---

Side note, bought my 1st PS4 game, don't even own a PS4, so this means I'll be looking to get Bloodborne and Scholar of the First Sin for PS4 on release, then I'll just sit on them until I do get a PS4 down the line.

Stoked for some Bloodborne!

I thought the same thing. I never fought bosses as many times as I fought shit in Dark Souls haha.

Dang, I need to get back into Demon's after hearing this.  I had it on the backburner because I wasn't making much progress with bosses, mostly just grinding souls and leveling up.  Always had it in my mind that Demon's was the most difficult in the series.

What platform do you play on?  What is your character's soul level?  How far in Anor Londo, what are the most recent bosses you've beaten?  Did you just arrive from Sen's Fortress?

I'm on PS3, SL120.  All I have left to do now (except for the final boss fight) is farm souls and upgrade gear to upgrade weapons.

I'm on PS3, soul level is 55 I think. I'm at the second bonfire and just unlocked the door for the shortcut to the second bonfire. Last boss I beat was the giant in Sen's Fortress, yes.

We're just fucking with you Pianu. Shelby and I are the resident Dark Souls hard asses.

And we especially believe in playing the game blind, and alone, at least the first time through.

But, it's all about having fun, so you do you :P

Totes.  Yeah I didn't play fully blind, I would say for most of it, yes.  But also we had a solid game session where I brought my PS3 over to his place and we co-op'd live, in person, on two TVs.  It was pretty dope... good times.  Don't tell me that doesn't sound like fun!  Pretty much was just Sen's Fortress though, I did play through lots of the game blind.  Oh that and he showed me the Drake Sword trick and a few tips here and there.  (Stuff like, oh you have to bring this item back to this NPC, or go back and talk to so and so adn you'll trigger this event.)  And I read up on Solaire and Seigmeyer's quests online when I was late game cause they were progressing and I didn't want to botch them.  Ended up botching Seigmeyers, so I'll have that to do for next playthru.  If you were to playthru blind and stay away from people talking about it, you could probably play through Dark 1 ten times over and still not discover everything the game has to offer.

My buddy who I co-op w/ IRL.... he loves to kill NPCs - he even killed the Emerald Herald on one of his DkS2 files, and can't level up until the next game cycle hahaha.  It's so funny he tells me to kill every NPC in Dark 1, but I usually don't kill NPCs unless there's a good reason.  He doesn't even absolve sin in Dark 1 either, he's just a ruthless NPC murderer.  He's pretty good about not revealing spoilerish-stuff though.  Same if we talk anime, it'll be like 'okay, where are you at in the story so far?' before blurting anything out.

I'm on PS3, soul level is 55 I think. I'm at the second bonfire and just unlocked the door for the shortcut to the second bonfire. Last boss I beat was the giant in Sen's Fortress, yes.

Yeah, I know where you are at.  I would offer to help since you are on PS3, but at SL120, I think I'd be out of range.

I think the only NPC I've killed in Souls is the merchant with the Uchigatana in DS

Yeah, I killed him too cause I wanted it early. Found out

You can get it later on in the game just by buying it off a different Merchant. Who also sells the Washing Pole, which I think is considered a rare weapon.

not sure if that's actually a spoiler or not.

And I killed the Anor Londo firekeeper to get the +1 Estus, other than that I usually don't kill anything that doesn't aggro unless there is a clear benefit.

I'm so stoked for Bloodborne now.  Even though I don't even know how long I'll have to wait til I can get a PS4.  I don't even care, I'll just try to stay as blind as I can to it until I get to play it.

I wish games still came with manuals, I remember as a kid playing a game all day and then leafing through the manual in bed at night, looking forward to playing it again the next day.

Anyone else get Dragon Ball Xenoverse today? It's not bad so far, i've only got about an hour into the game though.

Picked it up first thing this morning, only played for an hour or so before work - really enjoyed all I got to do.

Played Dying Light the rest of the night though... so time will tell how much I enjoy the rest of DBX - still really excited to get into it.

I used to pull an all nighter whenever a new Budakai would drop - so this is all kinds of feelings.

Super excited! Hopefully the nifty 3LP soundtrack isn't far behind.

The pre-order page for that says:

"Due to extreme demand, any orders placed after 1/21, 1PM PST will be for the second pressing. Your order will not ship until sometime in March, after the game has already been released."

I'd guess as long as you got your order in before that, you should expect your copy to come in around release day. From the FAQs:

"This set will ship out in Q1 2015, right before the game is released. It's our goal to get the vinyl shipped right alongside the launch."

I hope that they really had everything in place to get the first press out on time, especially with RSD clogging up most pressing plants this time of year.

The pre-order page for that says:

"Due to extreme demand, any orders placed after 1/21, 1PM PST will be for the second pressing. Your order will not ship until sometime in March, after the game has already been released."

I'd guess as long as you got your order in before that, you should expect your copy to come in around release day. From the FAQs:

"This set will ship out in Q1 2015, right before the game is released. It's our goal to get the vinyl shipped right alongside the launch."

I hope that they really had everything in place to get the first press out on time, especially with RSD clogging up most pressing plants this time of year.

Yea, I knew what the product page said. Was pretty much just saying what you said in that last sentence. Fingers crossed that they got the ball rolling ages ago and have just been sitting on the completed product until the games release.